X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In AdminCP > Settings > Options > Setting Group [vBMods.rocks] Add Post to Bookmarks Settings, one specifies which usergroups will be allowed to use this MOD. If you go back in there subsequently, the usergroup choices are still present to see and/or edit.

Using Edit Site > Navigation Bar > Main Navication Bar to edit My Bookmarks and click on Edit User Groups, none of the specified usergroups from above are marked. They get marked initially, and presumably are still in effect going back in subsequently, but why aren't they marked? The purpose of choosing Edit from here is to make changes to what is/has already been selected. But as those choices aren't shown...​
    The Linux Community has given me much. I do what I can to return the favor!

Comment

The Add Post to Bookmarks Settings are independent of the Navigation Bar item settings. The mod does not read/update the Navigation Bar settings. You need to sync them manually.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

If you show the My Bookmarks link in the Navigation Bar for all users, it could also be useful for unauthorized users to be encouraged to register (if they are guests), or to be promoted to a usergroup (if you have usergroup promotions), or to purchase a paid subscription (if you promote a user via paid subscription). As long as the My Bookmarks page module has the correct usergroup permissions, then unauthorized users will see the no permission error on the My Bookmarks page. You could update the no permission error phrases in the Phrase Manager to adjust the messaging according to your use case.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          The Add Post to Bookmarks Settings are independent of the Navigation Bar item settings. The mod does not read/update the Navigation Bar settings. You need to sync them manually.
          That's fine. My question was why, once the usergroups were selected (marked) in the Navigation Bar item settings, that when you go back in there subsequently, the list of usergroups are all unchecked. I'd expect that it would reflect what was last selected/saved.

Comment

I've never encountered that before on this forum. That might be a bug in the Navigation Bar functionality. Does it happen to other navigation items? You could try deleting it and then re-creating it if you want.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
              Does it happen to other navigation items?
              Seems to, at least in one other Navigation item I looked at a few minutes ago, it was the case; all Usergroup entries had no check marks.

Comment

Ok, I checked and confirmed this is a bug in vB5 and vB6. The usergroup settings take effect but the UI doesn't reflect the selected usergroups.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thank you for looking into it and confirming.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"