This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Official - Paid] Topic Pagination in Forum Display

Having pagination controls for each topic in the forum display page is a sorely missed vBulletin 5 core feature. This enables forum users to quickly jump to a different page in a topic from within the topic listing without opening the topic first. Worry no more, here's the mod to add this feature in vB5!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	topic-pagination.png Views:	1 Size:	11.8 KB ID:	3010

Features:
    • Displays the same number of pagination buttons as the topic page itself does. Except of course it doesn't (need to) have the Previous and Next buttons.
    • The number of pages displayed can also be controlled in AdminCP > Settings > Options > General Settings > Number of Pages Visible in Page Navigator which is an existing vB setting. This setting controls how many pages are visible on either side of the current page and controls both the pagination inside a topic (default vB5 feature) as well as this mod.
    • This mod also respects the user-level setting for number of posts per page in User Settings > Account > Posts Per Page. So if a user chose 40 posts per page in his user settings, then the pagination buttons in each of the topic will display based off this 40 posts per page setting instead of the default 15 posts per page.
    Demo:
    Go to this forum display page on this site.

Instructions:
    Please refer to the installation document included in the file.

Version History:

v1.2
    • Fixed a bug where the pagination buttons displayed twice when switching to other tabs (e.g. Latest Activity) and then back to Topics tab. Thanks to user Fleiding for finding this bug.
    v1.1
    • Fixed conflict with our free "Redirect Topic Title to First New or Last Post Hook by vBMods.rocks" mod. Thanks to user 420 for finding this bug.
    v1.0
    • Initial version

Price: $20

Payment Accepted: PayPal or Debit/Credit Card

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 08-05-2017, 07:49 AM. Reason: v1.2 update

And an other thing my members asked for! Before I purchase I have a question.

How many pages does the navigation show? Can you change it with settings in the admincp?

Click image for larger version  Name:	67663158.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.4 KB ID:	3031

Comment

It displays the same number of pages as the topic page itself. Except of course it doesn't have the Previous and Next buttons. And the number of pages can also be controlled in AdminCP > Settings > Options > General Settings > Number of Pages Visible in Page Navigator. This setting controls how many pages are visible on either side of the current page and controls both the pagination inside a topic as well as this mod.

This mod also respects the user setting for number of posts per page in User Settings > Account > Posts Per Page.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Added this info to the first post.

You need to be logged in to view the quote. Login or Register now!
      Click image for larger version  Name:	1l92dn.jpg Views:	1 Size:	175.7 KB ID:	3037
      Last edited by William; 03-12-2017, 12:54 AM.
      Christian Forums

Comment

The payment is set to currency AUD, don't know if that matters? Will there be a charge to convert to U.S. currency?

William
      Christian Forums

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for alerting me. There's a glitch in my ordering system. I don't know why the currency for all my products are being changed to AUD. I had to revert it to USD for all the products manually.

Mod works great Glenn. Just saw, though, that the price is different between the OP and actual Paypal.

Enjoy,
      William
      Christian Forums

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, my bad. Copy-paste issue. Fixed it.

Just bought and installed the mod. I like it but it conflicts with this mod you make: https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...r-to-last-post

When clicking on page 1 of 10 of a topic with new posts, it automatically redirects to the first new unread post (Instead of the page number I clicked on). When there are no new posts you can visit all pages from the forum display page (without being redirected to the first new post).

Comment

Could you post or PM me the link to your site?

Comment

Thank you for updating the plugin Glenn!
          Now when I click page 6 it navigates to page 6 instead of the last new post. When I click on the topic name it navigates to the last new post

Only one thing I notice: When there is a topic with 10 pages and new posts. I navigate to page 6. The new post (that is on page 10) is marked as read.

I don't know if it is possible to only mark the new post as read when you actually browse the page where the new post is located (page 10 in this case).

Anyway my members and me are very happy with this plugin

Comment

I don't think that's possible.

Comment

Hi Glenn,

I found a bug. When you open the Latest Activity tab and then go back to the Topics tab, the pagination shows twice. After reloading the page, everything works fine again.

Thanks,
              Rob

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                glennrocksvb commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for reporting. I will look into it.

Bug fixed. Version 1.2 released. All who purchased this product should receive an email containing the download link to the latest version.

Comment

Working...
              X