X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid Mod Topic Pagination in Forum Display

This mod adds a topic pagination in forum display feature to your forum. It shows the page numbers of each topic in the forum channel page, so you can easily jump to any page of the topic.​

This plugin is very useful for forums that have topics with many pages and users who want to access specific pages quickly and conveniently. It helps users to navigate the topics more efficiently and effectively. It also enhances the user experience and makes your forum more user-friendly and organized.

Click image for larger version  Name:	topic-pagination.png Views:	1 Size:	11.8 KB ID:	3010

Features:
    • Displays the same number of pagination buttons as the topic page itself does. Except of course it doesn't (need to) have the Previous and Next buttons.
    • The number of pages displayed can also be controlled in AdminCP > Settings > Options > General Settings > Number of Pages Visible in Page Navigator which is an existing vB setting. This setting controls how many pages are visible on either side of the current page and controls both the pagination inside a topic (default vB5 feature) as well as this mod.
    • This mod also respects the user-level setting for number of posts per page in User Settings > Account > Posts Per Page. So if a user chose 40 posts per page in his user settings, then the pagination buttons in each of the topic will display based off this 40 posts per page setting instead of the default 15 posts per page.

Compatibility:
    • Compatible with vB5 and 6 (self-hosted)
    • Not compatible with vBCloud.

Demo:
    Go to this forum display page on this site.

Instructions:
    Please refer to the installation document included in the file.

Version History:

v1.4
    • PHP 8 compatibility fix for deprecated implode() function signature.

v1.3
    • Fixed conflict with our free "Redirect Topic Title to First New or Last Post Hook by vBMods.rocks" mod again. This issue was fixed in v1.1 but re-instroduced in v1.2. Thanks to user alfreema for reporting this bug.
    v1.2
    • Fixed a bug where the pagination buttons displayed twice when switching to other tabs (e.g. Latest Activity) and then back to Topics tab. Thanks to user Fleiding for finding this bug.
    v1.1
    • Fixed conflict with our free "Redirect Topic Title to First New or Last Post Hook by vBMods.rocks" mod. Thanks to user 420 for finding this bug.
    v1.0
    • Initial version

Price: $20

Payment Accepted: PayPal or Debit/Credit Card

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Need help or not comfortable installing this mod? Purchase the installation service below:

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!

Want to pay using Credit/Debit Card? Contact us and we will send you an invoice where you can use your own card.

Last edited by glennrocksvb; 10-31-2023, 10:14 PM. Reason: Added vB6 compatibility
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

And an other thing my members asked for! Before I purchase I have a question.

How many pages does the navigation show? Can you change it with settings in the admincp?

Click image for larger version  Name:	67663158.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.4 KB ID:	3031

Comment

It displays the same number of pages as the topic page itself. Except of course it doesn't have the Previous and Next buttons. And the number of pages can also be controlled in AdminCP > Settings > Options > General Settings > Number of Pages Visible in Page Navigator. This setting controls how many pages are visible on either side of the current page and controls both the pagination inside a topic as well as this mod.

This mod also respects the user setting for number of posts per page in User Settings > Account > Posts Per Page.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Added this info to the first post.

Originally posted by 420 View Post
      An an other thing my members asked for! Before I purchase I have a question.

How many pages does the navigation show? Can you change it with settings in the admincp?

Click image for larger version  Name:	67663158.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.4 KB ID:	3031
      Click image for larger version  Name:	1l92dn.jpg Views:	1 Size:	175.7 KB ID:	3037
      Last edited by William; 03-12-2017, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol

The payment is set to currency AUD, don't know if that matters? Will there be a charge to convert to U.S. currency?

William

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for alerting me. There's a glitch in my ordering system. I don't know why the currency for all my products are being changed to AUD. I had to revert it to USD for all the products manually.

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      Thanks for alerting me. There's a glitch in my ordering system. I don't know why the currency for all my products are being changed to AUD. I had to revert it to USD for all the products manually.
      Mod works great Glenn. Just saw, though, that the price is different between the OP and actual Paypal.

Enjoy,
      William

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, my bad. Copy-paste issue. Fixed it.

Just bought and installed the mod. I like it but it conflicts with this mod you make: https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...r-to-last-post

When clicking on page 1 of 10 of a topic with new posts, it automatically redirects to the first new unread post (Instead of the page number I clicked on). When there are no new posts you can visit all pages from the forum display page (without being redirected to the first new post).

Comment

Could you post or PM me the link to your site?
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thank you for updating the plugin Glenn!
          Now when I click page 6 it navigates to page 6 instead of the last new post. When I click on the topic name it navigates to the last new post

Only one thing I notice: When there is a topic with 10 pages and new posts. I navigate to page 6. The new post (that is on page 10) is marked as read.

I don't know if it is possible to only mark the new post as read when you actually browse the page where the new post is located (page 10 in this case).

Anyway my members and me are very happy with this plugin

Comment

Originally posted by 420 View Post
            I don't know if it is possible to only mark the new post as read when you actually browse the page where the new post is located (page 10 in this case).
            I don't think that's possible.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hi Glenn,

I found a bug. When you open the Latest Activity tab and then go back to the Topics tab, the pagination shows twice. After reloading the page, everything works fine again.

Thanks,
              Rob

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                glennrocksvb commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for reporting. I will look into it.

Bug fixed. Version 1.2 released. All who purchased this product should receive an email containing the download link to the latest version.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I assume this isn't available for vB Cloud instances?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are correct. This mod requires uploading a PHP file on the server which is not allowed in vBCloud.

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll check if I can find a workaround for vBCloud that will not require uploading a PHP file.

glennrocksvb , just so I am sure, this mod fires only when you drill into a single Forum and it displays all the Topics for that one Forum? And it does not work with New Topics. Are both of those correct?

Comment

I assume by New Topics you meant the search results? But yes it currently only works in forum pages where it displays all the topics in that forum.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"