X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official - Free Profile Preview Tooltip

vBulletin 5 Profile Preview Tooltip modification displays Profile About information as a tooltip when you hover an avatar or username link anywhere across the site.
    • Similar to the thread preview but for profile.
    • Enables the user to quickly get some information about a fellow member (e.g. finding all posts by the user) while in a topic page, topic list or in any page where a profile link is displayed.
    • "Linkifies" the Contact > Web URL of the profile user. This is plain-text in vBulletin by default.
    • Supports RTL.
    • Free version contains branding. For branding-free version, you can purchase it at the bottom.
    Screenshot:

Demo:
    Hover the avatar or username anywhere on this site.

To customize style, add the following custom css in css_additiona.css template in AdminCP or in Sitebuilder > Style > CSS Editor.

Code:
    /* To change the background of the title bar */
    .ui-tooltip-profile-preview-noypiscripter .ui-tooltip-titlebar {
        background: #019DCE !important;
        color: #fff;
    }

/* To change the color of the Show More link */
    .ui-tooltip-profile-preview-noypiscripter .ui-tooltip-full-profile-noypiscripter {
    }

/* To change the hover color of the Show More link */
    .ui-tooltip-profile-preview-noypiscripter .ui-tooltip-full-profile-noypiscripter:hover {
        color: #001F68;
    }

Version History:

v1.4
    • Fixed wrapping issue when a custom field contains long text without spaces.

v1.3
    • Compatibility with Last Visitors module by vBMods.rocks when avatars are shown in the module.

v1.2
    • Fixed issue where preview tooltip was not showing up for users with HTML markup in username as defined in Username HTML Markup setting in Usergroup Manager.

v1.1
    • Compatibility with vB 5.2.6 to fix stuck "Working..." status indicator issue when hovering a user.

v1.0
    • Initial version.

Branding-Free: $25

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!

For free version with branding, download the attached file below.

Attached Files
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 05-10-2017, 12:25 AM. Reason: Updated plugin to v1.4 to fix wrapping issue

I have this installed and working, but the "working" indicator pops up and stays on when the profile preview displays. I tried both the branded free (purchased from you awhile back) version and the version downloadable here, but the same issue occurs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	profile preview.jpg Views:	1 Size:	143.9 KB ID:	2829
    Christian Forums
    Yamaha Vmax Motorcycles

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      glennrocksvb commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll look into it. Thanks for reporting.

It looks like vBulletin removed the extended easing options from jQuery UI library they are using in vB5. This mod uses a jQuery tooltip plugin that uses easing effect to slide the tooltip. I will check if there's a way for the plugin to not use easing effect.

Comment

Fixed the issue and release v1.1. First post updated.

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
        Fixed the issue and release v1.1. First post updated.
        Is there a way to get a branding free module? I paid for one in the past, but I don't mind doing it again since it has been so long.

Enjoy,
        William
        Christian Forums
        Yamaha Vmax Motorcycles

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll send you a branding free version. But have you confirmed the new version is working?

I'll send you a branding free version. But have you confirmed the new version is working?
        Yes, works perfectly!

Enjoy,
        William
        Christian Forums
        Yamaha Vmax Motorcycles

Comment

Made another fix and released v1.2.

William, I PM'd you the branding free version.

Comment

Fixed again and release v1.3.

Comment

Fixed again and release v1.3.
              Works perfectly, Glenn!

Enjoy,
              William
              Christian Forums
              Yamaha Vmax Motorcycles

Comment

Hello.
                Thank you.

Comment

How might I adjust the colors of the preview tooltip? I'd like to bring it inline with the rest of our theme and looking through a blob of minified css in your hook template is making my head hurt. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks glenn. Yes, I know I'm annoying.

Comment

Code:
                    /* To change the background of the title bar */
                    .ui-tooltip-profile-preview-noypiscripter .ui-tooltip-titlebar {
                        background: #019DCE !important;
                    }

/* To change the color of the Show More link */
                    .ui-tooltip-profile-preview-noypiscripter .ui-tooltip-full-profile-noypiscripter {
                    }

​​​​​​​/* To change the hover color of the Show More link */
                    .ui-tooltip-profile-preview-noypiscripter .ui-tooltip-full-profile-noypiscripter:hover {
                        color: #001F68;
                    }

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Added this in the first post.

• Daryn
                      Daryn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There's also the White background and Section titles/text. I've got some of that changed and will look further into it tomorrow.

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Most of those are the same style as in the Profile About tab. And they may be controlled by stylevars.

Working great. Thank you!

Comment

After Updating to 5.3 there seems to be a little problem on a page only where the tab container is used. The Preview Tooltip reacts much to sensitive... sometimes there appears up to 4 tooltips at the same time and do not disappear. They even stay while scrolling up and down the page.

And by the way not a problem but a suggestion: Would it be possible to add the members name inside the tooltip? Maybe below the word "profile"... Because when you hover over just a avatar sometimes it hides the user name.

Comment

Can you post a link?

Comment

Working...
                        X