First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Junkies
    replied
    Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    It requires running a server-side code to search the GIPHY server for GIFs but uploading a PHP file on the server is not allowed in vBCloud. The possible alternative I can think of is to deploy a remote server-side script via server-less architecture using AWS Lambda which lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers. AWS Lambda has free tiers which allows 1M requests per month. I think that's more than enough for searching GIPHY.
    I'm game to try it and help you test.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch
    replied
    excited done with finals GIF

Leave a comment:

• Mitch
    commented on 's reply
    ------

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Originally posted by GM Junkies View Post
    Need a solution for Cloud.
    It requires running a server-side code to search the GIPHY server for GIFs but uploading a PHP file on the server is not allowed in vBCloud. The possible alternative I can think of is to deploy a remote server-side script via server-less architecture using AWS Lambda which lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers. AWS Lambda has free tiers which allows 1M requests per month. I think that's more than enough for searching GIPHY.

Leave a comment:

• GM Junkies
    replied
    sad depression GIF by alessiodevecchi

Need a solution for Cloud.

Leave a comment:

• Damas
    replied
    Very nice mod
    happy culturajubile GIF by Cultura

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    I have updated the GIPHY icon with a better contrast. I will update the mod shortly with this new icon.

If you've purchased this mod, you will receive an email notification once I updated the mod. But if you can't wait, you can download the new icon below by right clicking and choosing "Save image as..." or equivalent.

Then upload it to your server and overwrite the existing one at /images folder. Once uploaded to the server, you may need to clear CDN cache (e.g. Cloudflare), if any. You may also need to clear browser cache.

Or you could use a different filename for the new icon image, upload it to your server, then update the ​​​​giphy_icon_path stylevar in the Style Variable Editor in AdminCP with the new filename. This doesn't require clearing the CDN and browser cache.
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 09-26-2018, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Yes API key is required. I've added a note for that in the first post. Thanks for that feedback.

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    I applied for Production API key from GIPHY to remove the 10k requests limit on this site and they approved it! This is not required under normal conditions but if you think you will exceed this limit, you must apply for it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	32.4 KB ID:	13060

If you need help applying the same, please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• keyla31
    commented on 's reply
    It took me a few seconds to register and get a key code, not sure if that is required to work but I did it and mine is working perfectly. Hope that helps

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Let's discuss it in email.

• Fleet
    commented on 's reply
    That would be great Glenn. We are in the process of aquiring a bunch of new members and i dont want to mess with it right now. I think i paid for Ribbon install as well and im still waiting for that.

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Done uploading. Check it out now.

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Not all products require just uploading XML files. Some requires uploading extra files to the server via FTP or cPanel. I can upload them for you for free. I'll do it shortly.

But it would be beneficial for you in the future to learn how to do this yourself. I think you're just afraid to try and learn new things but that's understandable. If you know how to use a computer, then it wouldn't be that hard for you to learn these things.

• Fleet
    commented on 's reply
    You know i cant do that. I dont even know what FTP is. I have always paid you to do these things. I thought this was a simple Products and Hooks install. It didnt say anything about going into cpanel. Ill just have to pass man.I wanted this and had been waiting but i cant do this stuff. And im gonna pass on paying for install. I like the products i can install myself.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
X
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"