Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ayjayef
    commented on 's reply
    Not really, if I disable the mod then the post won't be auto-moderated and the 2nd user would get an email anyway.

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Now can you temporarily disable this mod and then try again? Just want to confirm it works without the mod.

• ayjayef
    commented on 's reply
    Just created a new user and can confirm they received email notification with the the message and it appears in their message centre too... both with the link in a post that is waiting for moderation.

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Can you test with a regular user subscriber on your site?

• ayjayef
    commented on 's reply
    Good question, on my site the subscriber was an admin but on your site (this thread) I'm not an admin and it did the same.

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Is the subscriber a regular user or a Moderator/Admin?

• ayjayef
    replied
    I bought the mod, simple install into vBull 5.6.6 and the mod works well on all our testing including the spammers sneaky color changed links, thanks!

I can confirm that if someone is subscribed to the thread or the sub-forum they will get email notification of a new post showing the moderated content which is not ideal. Hopefully we can workout how to stop that.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    I'll test on my local setup to check if the issue also occurs there.

• ayjayef
    replied
    I'm not smart enough to know if it's vB or your addon but I'm sure you'll make sense of it.

I've not seen it happen on my site though.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Originally posted by ayjayef View Post
    I just posted a test from low post count account above with a link in it and it has correctly hid the post in a moderation queue.

...but, it emailed the subscription notification with the hidden spam link in it to everyone who is subscribed to this thread.

Bug?
    That's a good catch. That looks like a bug. But even without this mod vB should not have emailed subscription notifications in the first place if a post is in moderated queue, right? That seems like a vB bug in itself. Other users should not see the moderated posts in the email.

Leave a comment:

• ayjayef
    replied
    I just posted a test from low post count account above with a link in it and it has correctly hid the post in a moderation queue.

...but, it emailed the subscription notification with the hidden spam link in it to everyone who is subscribed to this thread.

Bug?

Leave a comment:

• elektro-kot
    replied
    kether , ayjayef

Hi.
    The first version of the module worked fine, there was one error (previously i reported a problem).

Recently, Glenn has released an update (version 1.1), everything works perfect now.

Leave a comment:

• ayjayef
    replied
    I hate "me too" replies on my forum but I agree with Kether, stopping links would be great but only if it works well. (I'm using VB 5.6.0 too)
    Last update by @glennrocksvb this thread was 10 months ago.

Leave a comment:

• kether
    replied
    Originally posted by kether View Post
    Did this mod ever get sorted to work correctly?

Thanks,
    Kether
    Hi everyone. I'm really interested in this mod, but do not want to buy something that isn't working. Any updates? Does this work with VB 5.6.0?

cheers,
    Kether

Leave a comment:

• kether
    replied
    Did this mod ever get sorted to work correctly?

Thanks,
    Kether

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
X
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"