Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe vB is not invoking the PHP hook in comments.
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 01-29-2022, 11:20 PM.

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    I'll take a look.

• ayjayef
    replied
    Found a loophole Glenn (actually spammers on our site found a loophole)
    You can put a link in a comment and it's published.

See post #35 above.

Leave a comment:

• SpamTester
    commented on 's reply
    On our site links in comments are sneaking through
    Enjoy the best canned meat meals using easy recipes and a variety of delicious, high-quality SPAM® meat. See what SPAM® Brand can do!

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for confirming the fix works on your site.

• ayjayef
    replied
    I was just emailed the new version 1.2, installed, tested, FIXED.

Great and super speedy work Glenn, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    I have released v1.2 and updated first post. All the purchasers of this mod were emailed containing the download link to the new version. Thanks to ayjayef for reporting this issue. This was a good catch.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Originally posted by ayjayef View Post
    That works on this site. Spamtester posted a link in reply to this post and it's in the moderation queue. ayjayef didn't get email notification of a new post.
    I think you've fixed the quirk.
    Awesome! I will release the fix shortly.

Leave a comment:

• ayjayef
    commented on 's reply
    That works on this site. Spamtester posted a link in reply to this post and it's in the moderation queue. ayjayef didn't get email notification of a new post.
    I think you've fixed the quirk.

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    ayjayef, I have deployed the fix here on this site. Can you test using your other account?

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    If you want ayjayef I can send you the updated file that is part of the mod to quickly test the solution on your site. What do you think?

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    I think I found a solution that doesn't require a new PHP hook or editing existing PHP code. I just need to test it thoroughly.

Leave a comment:

• ayjayef
    commented on 's reply
    My experience of vB development is that they'll never do something to help a third party mod which wouldn't be news to you either.

Re applying a code fudge after future upgrades is a pain to remember but at worst, it ends up like it is at the moment until I see the problem and patch again so that's not too bad a result.

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Ok I think I know what's going on now. The PHP hook that is used to set the reported post into moderation queue that the mod is doing is vB's onAfterContentAddOrUpdate hook function which means the spam post has been saved already before vB triggered this hook. So at that point, vB has triggered the email notifications to the subscribers (as it normally does for a new post) before the mod is able to automatically disapprove the post.

To resolve this issue, vB should add a PHP hook right before it triggers the email to the subscribers to let third-party mods be able to cancel the email.

I will see if I can manually add a PHP hook as a temporary solution. If this is feasible, this would require editing existing PHP code which means this would have to be re-applied after every vB upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• ayjayef
    replied
    This bug became real today. Stop Links in Posts blocked a spammer (great!) put the message in a moderation queue and emailed all those subscribed to the area. One of our users followed the forum link in his email notification and got and error that he wasn't allowed to view (as expected as it's in the moderation queue). Contacted us to ask why he was blocked!

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
X
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"