X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid Mod Country Flag Icon on Postbit

Display Country flag icons on postbit using this mod. It shows the country flag of the user based on the value of the Country Profile Field.

This plugin is very useful for forums that have users from different countries and regions. It adds a nice visual touch to the posts and helps users to identify the location of other users. It also creates a sense of community and diversity among your forum members.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	26006

Features:
    1. Displays flag icons for countries using a single sprite image file instead of individual flag image files. This means less overhead of loading a single image vs multiple images.
    2. Does not require editing templates. Simply install the Product XML in AdminCP.
    3. Requires file uploads on the server to upload CSS file and flag sprite image file.
    4. Shows tooltip with the country name. The tooltip appears on hover.
    5. The list of countries to use in creating the Country profile field is included in the readme file.
    6. Can show both Country label + icon or icon only.
    7. Can show "wave effect" on flag icons. Defaults to none.
    8. Can choose different flag icon sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large. Defaults to Medium. Larger sizes may only look good if Display Mode option is set to 'Show Country Flag Icon Only' only.
    9. Here's the complete mod options:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	196.6 KB ID:	26007

Compatibility:
    • Compatible with vBulletin 5 and 6 (self-hosted).
    • Compatible with PHP 8.
    • Not compatible with vBCloud version.
    Demo:

This mod is also installed on this site. This is different and better than the old one used here.

Price:
    $20 (Branding-free)​
    Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Need help or not comfortable installing this mod? Purchase the installation service below:

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!

Want to pay using Credit/Debit Card? Contact us and we will send you an invoice where you can use your own card.

​​
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 10-31-2023, 10:06 PM. Reason: Added vB6 compatibility
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

I just realized that in the readme file included in the mod package, I specified "Single-Selection Radio Buttons" as the Profile Field type for creating the Country profile field. There's nothing technically wrong with it but it's better to use "Single-Selection Menu" instead. Using the former takes up a lot of space since each of the 200+ countries is displayed as a radio button option as compared to the latter where the countries are displayed in a dropdown. Unfortunately, vB5 does not allow changing the field type on an already created field. You'd have to create a new field which means all the users who have already set their country in their User Profile will be reset. If you've purchased this mod, it may be too late for you to change. Sorry about that but as I mentioned, there's nothing technically wrong with using "Single-Selection Radio Buttons".

I have updated the readme in the mod package to use "Single-Selection Menu" for future customers.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Dear Glenn,
      can you modify this mod to get data from user IP?, as many users are not selecting their country in profile.

Comment

This would require a third-party Geo Location service to be able determine the country from an IP address and this may not be a free service. If you want users to select their country, then make the Country field required.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

If you use Cloudflare on your vB5/vB6 forum, it is possible to get the country of the end-user based on their IP address for free. Cloudflare has an option called IP Geolocation under Network, wherein if you enable it, Cloudflare will include the country code of the visitor location with all requests to your website. You can use the country code from Cloudflare on the Registration page to set the default country of the user in the Country field dropdown. You can display the Country profile field on the Registration page by going to AdminCP > User Profile Field Manager ​and then editing the Country field and choosing "No, but display at registration" from the "Field Required" dropdown.

This will also require updating this mod to implement the logic for passing the country code from Cloudflare to the Country dropdown on Registration page. Please let me know if anyone of you is interested.

I have implemented this on this site. You can test it by visiting the registration page while logged out and observing the Country dropdown if it automatically chooses your country correctly. If you are on VPN, you can also try setting your VPN region to a different country and see if the Registration page recognizes your location correctly.

Last edited by glennrocksvb; 09-04-2023, 10:44 PM.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"