X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid Mod Topic Starter Ribbon

This mod adds a topic starter ribbon feature to your forum. It shows a ribbon badge on the posts of the topic starter, so you can easily identify who started the topic.​

This is very useful for forums that have active and lively discussions with many participants. It helps users to follow the topic more easily and clearly. It also enhances the user experience and makes your forum more colorful and attractive.

Compatibility:
    • Compatible with vB6 (self-hosted)
    • Compatible with vB5 (self-hosted)
    • Not compatible with vBCloud. For vBCloud version, the mod can be found here.​

Screenshot:

Click image for larger version  Name:	topic-starter-ribbon3.png Views:	1 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	6028

Demo:
    See the gold Topic Starter ribbon at the upper left corner of postbit here on this topic.

Changes in the CSS not included in the package:
    1. Add fixed font family. If you are using other vB5 themes or a third-party theme that is not using Arial as the default font, the "Topic Starter" text may not fit in the ribbon. Thanks NumNum for catching this issue.

In the ribbon CSS insert this under .vmtr-topic-starter #post:before and inside { and }.

Code:
      	font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
    2. In some themes (default or third-party) where links have underline on hover or by itself, the ribbon may inherit that style.

To remove the text underline from the ribbon, insert this under .vmtr-topic-starter #post and inside { and }.

Code:
      	text-decoration: none;
    3. Add gradient and shadow to the ribbon (Optional). If you want to add gradient and shadow to add some depth to the ribbon, you can make some adjustments to the CSS.

In the same ribbon CSS mentioned in #1, replace this line:

Code:
      	background-color: #fc7f00;
      with:

Code:
      	background: #fc7f00;
      	background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #ffb76b 0%, #ffa73d 37%, #ff7c00 51%, #ff7f04 100%); /* FF3.6-15 */
      	background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #ffb76b 0%,#ffa73d 37%,#ff7c00 51%,#ff7f04 100%); /* Chrome10-25,Safari5.1-6 */
      	background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #ffb76b 0%,#ffa73d 37%,#ff7c00 51%,#ff7f04 100%); /* W3C, IE10+, FF16+, Chrome26+, Opera12+, Safari7+ */
      	filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#ffb76b', endColorstr='#ff7f04',GradientType=0 ); /* IE6-9 */
      	box-shadow: 3px 3px 4px rgba(0,0,0,.3);
      If you are using a different ribbon color than the default gold, use this CSS Gradient Generator to generate the gradient CSS.

http://www.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/

Notes for RTL: Change all instances of left to {vb:stylevar left} in the CSS and the degrees to 45deg (positive not negative).

Price 1:

$15 (with vbmods.rocks branding in the footer)

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Price 2:

$40
    ($15 base price + $25 branding-free)
    Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Need help or not comfortable installing this mod? Purchase the installation service below:

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!

Want to pay using Credit/Debit Card? Contact us and we will send you an invoice where you can use your own card.

Last edited by glennrocksvb; 10-31-2023, 09:36 PM.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

What type of install is this? Some are easy for me. Others are not.

Comment

It's an easy install. You just have to upload the XML file in AdminCP as described in the readme file included in the package.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Looks good. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Looks good. Thanks.
          Thanks for the purchase. The mod looks good on your site!
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

complements, you are creating useful products but very high prices

Comment

The branding-free version makes it seem like it is expensive. But, it is still much less expensive compared to others who charge $75 for the branding-free license alone.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by Saiff View Post
                complements, you are creating useful products but very high prices
                Don't forget the work behind making modules. Usually you have to know a lot of API-classes, DB-tables...and a lot more. Because there are a lot to know or search for it when you don't know. It is not only a 5 minutes job and done (even you know all the stuff allready). Writing the mod is not the end... You got free updates here for now... not usually. If vB is changing anything you have to fix it. And since now Glenn did it fast and good.
                Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                The branding-free version makes it seem like it is expensive. But, it is still much less expensive compared to others who charge $75 for the branding-free license alone.
                I think the price is absolute ok. I would buy it if I didn't made it already by myself :-)
                Keep your good work rocking!
                My forum closed !

Comment

I will buy this maybe in october. But without branding free.
                  Branding is okay when it isnt massivly obtrusively. A small link is okay and i think it is nice for the developer

Comment

I also offer lifetime free updates for all my mods. While others have 3 license pricing (3 months, 1 year, lifetime). If I would do the same on my mods, the price for the lifetime updates would be around 3 times higher than the current price you're seeing now.
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I hate 3 licence pricing. Its horrible and often so expansive. An if you buy 1 year, you get often only one update. I like it so how it is.

Comment

Idea:

Maybe u can add, that the background of the text, which written by the topic startern, has a different color as the others. this would be a nice combination. Not everyone take a look on the mini-profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Menderley View Post
                          Idea:

Maybe u can add, that the background of the text, which written by the topic startern, has a different color as the others. this would be a nice combination. Not everyone take a look on the mini-profile.
                          Hey hey, don't give away that much information :-) That is a part of my mod ... in a few weeks online
                          My forum closed !

Comment

• Menderley
                            Menderley commented
                            Editing a comment
                            whaaaat? I pull things out of your brain. Call me Magic big Mama.

XML Error: mismatched tag at Line 53

installation error Click image for larger version

Name:	starter.jpg
Views:	4848
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	6163
                          Last edited by Saiff; 09-07-2017, 02:29 AM. Reason: screenshot

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                            glennrocksvb commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I will look into it. Thanks for reporting.

Saiff, I've fixed the issue. You should receive an email containing the download link. Please download the product and install again. Let me know if you find any issues.
                          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                          X
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"