X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    This confirms this issue has nothing to do with this mod. Just wanted to clear that out for others.

I can help you take a look at it and fix it for you. Btw, what's the vB version of your forum?
    When you left i had to find a new tech to help me do updates. Its been a while now. Maybe a year ago it was done.

vBulletin 5.6.4 Patch Level 1

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      glennrocksvb commented
      Editing a comment
      Please provide forum admin credentials so I can take a look either tonight or tomorrow.

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    • Please provide forum admin credentials so I can take a look either tonight or tomorrow.
    Ill PM you.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      glennrocksvb commented
      Editing a comment
      Fixed the issue for you and sent you a PM.

Glenn
    How do I make the fonts in the drop down bold? My forum parent style is not bold but the child is bold.

Comment

This mod is still using the old Google Analytics/Ownership workaround to create vBCloud mods instead of using template hooks. So in the Google Ownership/Analytics option,

find:
      Code:
      font-weight:normal!important
      and then replace it with:

Code:
      font-weight:bold!important
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you

Hi Glen,

PHP: 7.4.26 (litespeed)
      MySQL: 5.7.36-cll-lve
      vBulletin: 5.6.7

This mod has been working great with PHP version 7.4 for a long while on a VPS (Virtual Private Server).

If I enable PHP 8.0 or 8.1 on the testing or live server, then the mod (appears) to be the cause of an exception error when attempting to login to vBulletin as a user.

Code:
      Error: Undefined constant "title" on line 23 in /home/p3252q2o0ee3/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code
      Step 0: showErrorPage() called on line 382 in /home/p3252q2o0ee3/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php
      Step 1: handleException() called
      Exception Undefined constant "title" on line 23 in /home/p3252q2o0ee3/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code
      Disabling the Main Navigation Menu Dropdown mod clears the exception error.

The error_log when running PHP 7.4 records the following (with the mod running successfully).

Code:
      PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/p3252q2o0ee3/certifiedfacilitator.com/forums/includes/vb5/template.php(399) : eval()'d code on line 23
      Logging into the vBulletin backend AdminCP works fine, just the frontend user accounts that use the mod code.

Would there need to be a mod code update for compatibility with PHP 8.0 and above?

Many thanks.

Alastair

Comment

I'll take a look. Thanks for reporting.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• AlyG
          AlyG commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Glen,

Thanks so much for the quick code update to give compatibility with PHP 8, this is much appreciated.

I confirm that the updated code is now working correctly with PHP 8.0.13 & PHP 8.1.2.

Aly

Released v1.6 for PHP 8 support. All customers should receive an email confirmation containing the download link.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by AlyG View Post
          I confirm that the updated code is now working correctly with PHP 8.0.13 & PHP 8.1.2.
          Thanks for the confirmation.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"