Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else noticed when using the reactive skin on a mobile device you need to double tap the main nav buttons to open them? If I disable this mod it only needs 1 tap. This was pointed out to me by one of my users.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Sticky Menu Mod: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...s-page-scrolls

I wanted to add sticky menu functionality to vBulletin (menu stays at top of screen while scrolling) so I worked up some code. The code is offered "as is" and without support, use at your own risk/discretion but it works with this paid mod Main Navigation Menu Dropdown.

Please allow that I am a beginner JavaScript programmer so there are some settings that have to be applied manually for it to work with your menu setup.
      1. Max Menu Height
      2. Switch point of width where vBulletin automatically changes from mobile to desktop menu (based on the number of menu items you have
      In hindsight I should have developed it using jQuery so it integrated better with vBulletin's use of jQuery but for now its plain JavaScript added to the header template of the style you choose to use.

Hope this helps someone, a sticky menu is a feature I had wanted.

Aly

Comment

Originally posted by AlyG View Post
        Hi Everyone,

Sticky Menu Mod: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...s-page-scrolls

I wanted to add sticky menu functionality to vBulletin (menu stays at top of screen while scrolling) so I worked up some code. The code is offered "as is" and without support, use at your own risk/discretion but it works with this paid mod Main Navigation Menu Dropdown.

Please allow that I am a beginner JavaScript programmer so there are some settings that have to be applied manually for it to work with your menu setup.
        1. Max Menu Height
        2. Switch point of width where vBulletin automatically changes from mobile to desktop menu (based on the number of menu items you have
        In hindsight I should have developed it using jQuery so it integrated better with vBulletin's use of jQuery but for now its plain JavaScript added to the header template of the style you choose to use.

Hope this helps someone, a sticky menu is a feature I had wanted.

Aly
        Awesome thank you.

Comment

Hi Golga,

Thanks and glad you like the feature.

Just to let you know that I just updated the sticky menu code over on the vBulletin support forum.
          • Improved how it works to immediately re-stick the menu after a screen resize event, if the scroll position is appropriate to apply the sticky menu
          • Previously after a resize the code waited for the next scroll event
          • Optimized the code and rewrote to be more standards compliant
          Hope this helps.
          Aly

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...s-page-scrolls

Comment

Working...
          X