Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else noticed when using the reactive skin on a mobile device you need to double tap the main nav buttons to open them? If I disable this mod it only needs 1 tap. This was pointed out to me by one of my users.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Sticky Menu Mod: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...s-page-scrolls

I wanted to add sticky menu functionality to vBulletin (menu stays at top of screen while scrolling) so I worked up some code. The code is offered "as is" and without support, use at your own risk/discretion but it works with this paid mod Main Navigation Menu Dropdown.

Please allow that I am a beginner JavaScript programmer so there are some settings that have to be applied manually for it to work with your menu setup.
      1. Max Menu Height
      2. Switch point of width where vBulletin automatically changes from mobile to desktop menu (based on the number of menu items you have
      In hindsight I should have developed it using jQuery so it integrated better with vBulletin's use of jQuery but for now its plain JavaScript added to the header template of the style you choose to use.

Hope this helps someone, a sticky menu is a feature I had wanted.

Aly

Comment

Originally posted by AlyG View Post
        Hi Everyone,

Sticky Menu Mod: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...s-page-scrolls

I wanted to add sticky menu functionality to vBulletin (menu stays at top of screen while scrolling) so I worked up some code. The code is offered "as is" and without support, use at your own risk/discretion but it works with this paid mod Main Navigation Menu Dropdown.

Please allow that I am a beginner JavaScript programmer so there are some settings that have to be applied manually for it to work with your menu setup.
        1. Max Menu Height
        2. Switch point of width where vBulletin automatically changes from mobile to desktop menu (based on the number of menu items you have
        In hindsight I should have developed it using jQuery so it integrated better with vBulletin's use of jQuery but for now its plain JavaScript added to the header template of the style you choose to use.

Hope this helps someone, a sticky menu is a feature I had wanted.

Aly
        Awesome thank you.

Comment

Hi Golga,

Thanks and glad you like the feature.

Just to let you know that I just updated the sticky menu code over on the vBulletin support forum.
          • Improved how it works to immediately re-stick the menu after a screen resize event, if the scroll position is appropriate to apply the sticky menu
          • Previously after a resize the code waited for the next scroll event
          • Optimized the code and rewrote to be more standards compliant
          Hope this helps.
          Aly

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...s-page-scrolls

Comment

Hello! I purchased this mod and have installed it and it turned the subnav into the dropdowns. I was hoping I could continue to have the second navbar work as it
            did originally as I want to use the drop downs more for features sections, etc.
            I was able to do this with vBNavTabs for vB4. Has anyone found a better solution?
            for vB5? <Not an Ad> See navbar: www dot flightsim dot com </Not an Ad>
            Thank you!
            Rick

Comment

Hello, Is this model available for the newest version of vBulletin?

Tanks Remco

Comment

Hi Glenn,

When was this module last updated? Would be nice if you mentioned the version numbers in the first posts.

Comment

This is no longer working for me. Im getting a "Invalid Security Token" error whenever i try and save after i add links to the drop down menu.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    This is no longer working for me. Im getting a "Invalid Security Token" error whenever i try and save after i add links to the drop down menu.

Any ideas?
                    That error generally occurs if you become idle for a while and then try to perform an action like submitting a form or something. When you reload the page and try again, do you still see the error?

Anyway, the mod doesn't run and interfere whenever you add new menu items in the navigation bar using Sitebuilder. The mod only runs whenever a page loads not when you're adding or saving a new menu item. If you still encounter the issue even after reloading per my first suggestion, then try disabling the mod and do it again and you'll probably encounter the same issue.
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
                    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post

That error generally occurs if you become idle for a while and then try to perform an action like submitting a form or something. When you reload the page and try again, do you still see the error?

Anyway, the mod doesn't run and interfere whenever you add new menu items in the navigation bar using Sitebuilder. The mod only runs whenever a page loads not when you're adding or saving a new menu item. If you still encounter the issue even after reloading per my first suggestion, then try disabling the mod and do it again and you'll probably encounter the same issue.
                      Ok bud ill give it a go. I know it was generating the error on both my 2 admin accounts.

Comment

Glenn its still not working. Willing to pay you to help me with this. Its really the main thing i care about because i make money off many of the links i use in my drop down. People pay me to put links to their football sites.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                          glennrocksvb commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Please PM me your forum admin credentials and I'll take a look.

Glenn its still not working. Willing to pay you to help me with this. Its really the main thing i care about because i make money off many of the links i use in my drop down. People pay me to put links to their football sites.
                        Ok, to help me understand the issue, please perform and answer the following:
                        1. List the detailed steps to reproduce the issue.
                        2. When you reload the page and try again, do you encounter the error consistently?
                        3. Disable the navigation menu dropdown mod and then try again. Do you still encounter the error?
                          To disable the mod, go to AdminCP > Products & Hooks, locate "Main Nav Dropdown Menu by vBMods.rocks" and then choose "Disable" in the dropdown.
                        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post

Ok, to help me understand the issue, please perform and answer the following:
                          1. List the detailed steps to reproduce the issue.
                          2. When you reload the page and try again, do you encounter the error consistently?
                          3. Disable the navigation menu dropdown mod and then try again. Do you still encounter the error?
                            To disable the mod, go to AdminCP > Products & Hooks, locate "Main Nav Dropdown Menu by vBMods.rocks" and then choose "Disable" in the dropdown.
                          Its still broke when i do 2 and 3. The steps im doing are just trying to add another link to my sub nav bar. Under the NFL Draft tab. I put it in and hit save like i used to do and it generates that error.

Comment

Steps i take?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	78
Size:	567.7 KB
ID:	24196

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 12.22.34 PM.png
Views:	75
Size:	400.8 KB
ID:	24197

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 12.22.42 PM.png
Views:	78
Size:	634.7 KB
ID:	24198

Comment

Its still broke when i do 2 and 3. The steps im doing are just trying to add another link to my sub nav bar. Under the NFL Draft tab. I put it in and hit save like i used to do and it generates that error.
                              This confirms this issue has nothing to do with this mod. Just wanted to clear that out for others.

I can help you take a look at it and fix it for you. Btw, what's the vB version of your forum?
                              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                              X
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"