Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William
    replied
    I'm getting a file upload server error in 5.3.4 Beta, could someone verify?

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    commented on 's reply
    Haha thanks man.

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Originally posted by willie53 View Post
    Ok here we are had to use CTRL+V to paste image
    Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    Ok it looks like copy paste upload only works in Firefox. I was using Chrome. I also tried in Edge and it didn't work.
    I discovered the copy/paste that works (at least in Chrome and Firefox) and uploads the image into vB5 using this mod. Using the Paste operation from context menu also works not just using CTRL+V or Command+V.
    • If you use a screen capture tool (e.g. Snipping Tool in Windows) and copy (not save) the image, you can paste it in the CKEditor and it will be automatically uploaded.
    • If you are editing an image in an image editor tool (e.g. Paint) and select the image and copy it, you can paste it in the CKEditor and it will be automatically uploaded.

Leave a comment:

• NumNum
    replied
    Fantastic!

All these little tweaks make the vB experience all that much better!.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Good thing there were no changes.

• William
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Glenn, the underline button now works and no issues with 5.3.4!

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    First post updated with this fix.

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    It looks like I found a fix! vB5 ships /js/ckeditor/config.js file as part of the vB5 package. But it is never ever actually used when the editor is loaded and initialized. But if you install this Drag and Drop Image Upload mod, this config.js file is used and all the configurations will take effect. One of the configurations is to remove the Underline button.

To fix this issue, you have to edit the /js/ckeditor/config.js file on your server using FTP or cPanel (or its equivalent).

Find the following line:

Code:
    config.removeButtons = 'Underline,Subscript,Superscript';
    and then remove Underline, (include the trailing comma)

Code:
    config.removeButtons = 'Subscript,Superscript';
    You will have to clear your browser cache for it to get the latest version of config.js. If you are using CDN or CloudFlare, you would have to also purge the cache on their server.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    While waiting for the missing underline button issue (which might take a while to fix), you can highlight a text and use the CTRL+U (Command-U for Mac) keyboard shortcut to underline a text or manually use [u][/u] BBCode.
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 10-17-2017, 07:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    I will look into the missing underline button issue. Thanks William for confirming it is caused by this mod.

Leave a comment:

• William
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Willie

• willie53
    replied
    Originally posted by William View Post
    Updated to 5.3.4 Alpha and the mod works. However, it causes the disappearance of the underline button in Ckeditor. This is a well used and important function in my forum now gone missing.

Glenn, after I updated to 5.3.4 I checked to see whether the button was present and it was. After making the file edits it wasn't.

Enjoy,
    William
    Hi William
    untill this is working it can be achieved with bbcode like [b]so[/u] although not working as i think the bbcode has been turned off here
    Last edited by willie53; 10-17-2017, 12:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• willie53
    replied
    glennrocksvb i compared both the files for any changes using winmerge and there where no differences between them

Leave a comment:

• William
    replied
    Updated to 5.3.4 Alpha and the mod works. However, it causes the disappearance of the underline button in Ckeditor. This is a well used and important function in my forum now gone missing.

Glenn, after I updated to 5.3.4 I checked to see whether the button was present and it was. After making the file edits it wasn't.

Enjoy,
    William

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    You should not do that. If uploader.php and ckeditor-rollup534a4.js have newer code than its previous version, then you would lose all those changes

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
X
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"