Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alfreema
    commented on 's reply
    No, on the iPhone when they copy the URL to the clipboard, it frequently has a URL that is a local filesystem reference to a cached version of whatever image they are wanting to post, instead of the original URL that goes off to the image being hosted on a website. So instead of http:// it's something like cache:// (don't quote me on the syntax, but you get the idea).

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Did you mean iPhones cache the clipboard content? Even if you copy a new url, the clipboard still contains the old url? That sounds odd.

• alfreema
    commented on 's reply
    Right, with Android it's not too bad. I was able to open two browser tabs in separate split screen, but drag and drop and copying an image didn't work (as you already know).

I think one of the issues with iPhone is that there is some internal caching going on and they keep grabbing the cache URL and pasting that. I haven't tested on my wife's iPhone yet to see what they are doing though. I was just hoping there would be some easier way for them to take an image and post it.

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    I have Android too and yes it can split screen between multiple apps (not multiple browser tabs) but you cannot drag an image from Photos or other apps. For uploading image by pasting URLs from other sites, they need to tap the Image button (button next to Video icon) in the Advanced Editor and then paste the URL in the URL textbox.

• alfreema
    commented on 's reply
    Well I don't know. My Android device lets me split screen. I wasn't sure if I can long tap an image and drag it over. But regardless of drag and drop, they aren't having much luck even copy/pasting URLs for some reason.

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    How can you do drag and drop on the phone in the first place?

• alfreema
    replied
    So my users have difficulty uploading images from their Android devices and iPhone devices. Does this mod allow them to drag and drop from other websites into the ckEditor, or even just gallery images?

Leave a comment:

• William
    replied
    Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    Got the uploader.php file and checked it but the required changes are not there.
    Thanks Glenn, I made the mistake of uploading unedited files rather than the modified one. lol

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for confirming it works in 5.3.4 Beta

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Got the uploader.php file and checked it but the required changes are not there.

• willie53
    replied
    i am using 5.3.4 beta and it is worling just fine

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    PM me the uploader.php file that you modified and I'll take a look.

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    What's in the Network tab?

• William
    replied
    Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    Is there any error message in the browser console or in the server logs?
    Here's what I am seeing Glenn:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	7506

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Is there any error message in the browser console or in the server logs?

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
X
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"