X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    I have released v1.8 to add support for PHP 8.0 and 8.1 as well as add module option to show visitor count.
    Found a bug introduced in v1.8 where the visitor count is incorrect if a banned user is online but excluded in the Last Visitor list. The count is still including the online banned user. I will release v1.9 shortly to fix this issue.
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-07-2022, 11:01 AM.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      Found a bug introduced in v1.8 where the visitor count is incorrect if a banned user is online but excluded in the Last Visitor list. The count is still including the online banned user. I will release v1.9 shortly to fix this issue.
      v1.9 released! Version history updated in the first post. Customers notified.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Packaged as a Module. So you just drag and drop it onto the page using Sitebuilder
        By using Sitebuilder, is it possible as usual to restrict the display according to the usergroup?

By using Admincp, is there a template that we can customize?

Comment

Originally posted by lange View Post
          By using Sitebuilder, is it possible as usual to restrict the display according to the usergroup?
          Yes, just like any other default vB5 modules where you can set module view permissions by usergroups.

By using Admincp, is there a template that we can customize?
          What do you want to customize? To customize visitor count message (if enabled), you can update its phrase in the Phrase Manager as described in Feature #9 in the first post. If you want style customizations, CSS code is provided in the first post. Further style changes could be provided here if requested. Mostly, the customizations can be done in the module configuration itself. I posted an updated screenshot of the latest available module configuration in the first post.

Is it responsive (mobile) ?
          Yes. This mod is installed here. You can check it on your phone or use the mobile emulator feature on Chrome DevTools.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Your product is interesting. I'm sure it works.

What do you want to customize?
            I'm just exploring the possibilities for use in my custom styles.

- The Builder will allow me to display or not your module according to the group of users. It's OK.

- The template would allow me to display a placeholder (an image) instead of the module i.e. your module would be hidden. The placeholder would encourage guests to connect. In this case, the widget_onlineusers template is customized.

Yes, it's responsive. I checked by using the built-in Responsive Design Mode in FireFox.

Comment

Yes that can be done to any module not just the Last Visitors module using pure CSS based on the logged-in user's usergroup. You could cover the module content with an image or do the same CSS trick that the Blur Replies mod is doing, to any module. Please see sample screenshot below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	last-visitors-module-blur-min.png Views:	0 Size:	129.4 KB ID:	23702
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Nice, it's more than I expected.

I am not a coder. If I buy your product, could you provide the CSS to display your screenshot?

Last question: I don't see the Who's Online avatars on your website. Is it compatible with this product or will I have to choose one or the other?

Comment

Sure I can provide you the CSS.

It's up to you if you want to show both modules. I show the Who's Online module only for Administrator on this site. So only me can see it here.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Bought.

If you prefer ... you can send me the CSS by private message.

Best Regards.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for your purchase! I can post it here so everyone can benefit from it in case they also want the same. I just need to re-code the CSS because I didn't save it. But that's fine. So hang on...

glennrocksvb new version is working however "Username HTML Markup" is not showing up

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Fixed in v1.10

lange, here you go...

Add the following CSS in css_additional template:
                    Code:
                    #vb-page-body[data-usergroupid="1"] .vbmodsthatrocks-last-visitors-widget {
                        position: relative;
                    }
                    #vb-page-body[data-usergroupid="1"] .vbmodsthatrocks-last-visitors-widget:before {
                        content: 'Login to view this module.'; /* Change text as desired */
                        position: absolute;
                        left: 50%;
                        top: 50%; /* This is vertically centered. If you want it on top, change 50% to 100px */
                        transform: translate(-50%, -50%);
                        color: red;
                        font-size: 25px;
                        font-weight: bold;
                        background: rgba(255,255,255,0.9);
                        padding: 3px 10px;
                        z-index: 1;
                        border-radius: 5px;
                        box-shadow: 1px 1px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.4);
                        text-align: center;
                    }
                    #vb-page-body[data-usergroupid="1"] .vbmodsthatrocks-last-visitors-widget .widget-content {
                        -webkit-filter: blur(25px); /* Adjust blur radius as desired */
                        filter: blur(25px); /* Adjust blur radius as desired */
                        -ms-user-select: none;
                        -webkit-user-select: none;
                        -moz-user-select: none;
                        user-select: none;
                        pointer-events: none;
                    }
                    This blurs out the module to usergroup with ID=1 which is for unregistered users. Adjust the values accordingly.
                    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-07-2022, 05:11 PM.
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by USC View Post
                      glennrocksvb new version is working however "Username HTML Markup" is not showing up
                      Is this when showing both the avatar and username at the same time? Since showing the username is done only via pure CSS (post #109), the HTML markup can't be used. This has been the case even before the v1.8 and v1.9 updates. I would need to update the module to be able to physically add the username to the HTML source and use the Username HTML Markup assigned for a user.
                      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• USC
                        USC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yes its when showing both the username and avatar at the same time, no issues i will wait for the update.

• glennrocksvb
                        glennrocksvb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm working on it.

v1.10 released. Customers notified. If you've added custom CSS before to show both avatar and username, you have to remove it first before installing v1.10. Please see updated first post for more details.
                      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                        glennrocksvb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        USC ☝️

• lange
                        lange commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you very much! I wanted to install the version 1.9 today. I will install version 1.10 then. I will then test your Blur Custom by adding the CSS in Additional CSS.

• glennrocksvb
                        glennrocksvb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, skip 1.9 and install 1.10

• USC
                        USC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        thanks a lot

Installed, everything works under 5.6.6 / PHP 8.0.15 including the CSS custom Blur.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                        glennrocksvb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for confirming v1.10 works on vB 5.6.6 and PHP 8.

• lange
                        lange commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And cherry on the sunday, by modifying your widget_vbmods_last_visitors template, I think I'll be able to add my placeholder image instead or above your custom blur. I will test in the next days.

Very glad with this product.

• glennrocksvb
                        glennrocksvb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If you modify the mod template, upgrading the mod in the future may prevent the XML product installation process to overwrite the edited template. You might be able to add the placeholder image using just CSS.

• lange
                        lange commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I know, it's the price to pay to go through the templates but I keep a backup of all the edited templates and I use the software Beyond Compare to compare the templates.

I'm not familiar with CSS but I'll give it a try too.

Hi.

The following error message is displayed when I save the template without any modification inside the template. The template is not saved.

Tested on default style.
                      PHP 8.0.15 / vB 5.6.6

The following error occurred when attempting to evaluate this template:
                      The template contains a conditional expression using a function not defined as safe.
                      This is likely caused by a malformed conditional statement. It is highly recommended that you fix this error before continuing, but you may continue as-is if you wish.

Comment

• lange
                        lange commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I can save the template without this conditional:
                        Code:
                        <vb:comment>Use a simple mobile device check to request 'thumb' size or not</vb:comment>
                        <vb:if condition="isset($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']) AND stripos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'mobile') !== FALSE">
                            {vb:set avatarSize, {vb:php intval, {vb:raw avatarSizeMobile}}}
                        <vb:else />
                            {vb:set avatarSize, {vb:php intval, {vb:raw avatarSizeDesktop}}}
                        </vb:if>
                        Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-09-2022, 09:29 PM. Reason: Fixed code formatting by enclosing in [code] tag.

• glennrocksvb
                        glennrocksvb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That code is safe and harmless. vBulletin only has a limited set of PHP functions that can be used in a template. You can ignore that warning and proceed to saving the template successfully with or without your changes. But for peace of mind, I will fix this and release it soon.

• glennrocksvb
                        glennrocksvb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was a little surprised that removing that block of code didn't produce an error or warning in PHP 8 because the $avatarSize variable wouldn't be initialized. But regardless, without this code, if you set Avatar Size for Mobile option to 50px or less, it would have a slight performance hit on mobile devices because larger avatars would be used instead of just thumb-sized images.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                    X
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"