Clear All

This is all i have.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 2.48.20 PM.png
Views:	218
Size:	474.8 KB
ID:	17855

Comment

How did this happen? I never had this problem before with tweets. Just copied and pasted the link between the twitter code and boom the tweet would show up.

But its copying the url and pasting the url? What changed? Its it a chrome setting? Did twitter change?

Why do you have a paste as plain text option and i dont? Where is that from? What browser? Is it an extension?

Im freaking out because when this happened my forum died. And we just got a bunch of new users. If they cat post tweets they will leave. its a big part of our forum. Most of the users are not technical.

So frustrating.

Comment

Test

Comment

Nothing has changed. That's how rich text editor (CKEditor, MS Word, Google Docs, etc.) in general works by default when a formatted text is pasted. Not a browser setting.

Try Paste and Match Style. I think that's the Mac equivalent of Paste as plain text on Windows.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
          Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
            Nothing has changed. That's how rich text editor (CKEditor, MS Word, Google Docs, etc.) in general works by default when a formatted text is pasted. Not a browser setting.

Try Paste and Match Style. I think that's the Mac equivalent of Paste as plain text on Windows.

http://www.mactips.info/2008/04/paste-and-match-style
            Its just so weird that all of a sudden i have to change. Im on chrome. For some reason i am now coping and pasting tweets on my site as URLs. I never had to copy or paste as plaintext.

It was so nice just copying the tweet url and pasting it in the code. Im trying to figure out how this happened.

Comment

Comment

Ok paste and match style works. Just not sure why all of a sudden i have to do that. lol

Im guessing it was a twitter thing. At any rate if you are on windows is that what it looks like in your screenshot? The paste as plaintext image?

I need to tell my community how to do this. And use screenshots

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, that's on Chrome on Windows.

How do you copy Tweet link? If you click Copy link to Tweet, it should not include any formatting and it can be pasted normally and it will not be turned into a link.

Name:	image.png
Views:	127
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	17868
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I only have one option. Im on a mac. Using chrome.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 3.35.03 PM.png
Views:	150
Size:	506.2 KB
ID:	17897

Comment

Not on the browser address bar. In the tweet post itself, there's a down arrow. If you click on it, you will see the screenshot I posted earlier.
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                      Not on the browser address bar. In the tweet post itself, there's a down arrow. If you click on it, you will see the screenshot I posted earlier.
                      I never even noticed that drop arrow. When i copy the link from that drop down it posts fine. But i used to be able to open a tweet and simply copy the address in the browser address box. Then paste it in the bbcode. And it would be without the formatting. Interesting.

Thanks for the help Glenn.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        But i used to be able to open a tweet and simply copy the address in the browser address box. Then paste it in the bbcode. And it would be without the formatting. Interesting.
                        It's not Twitter and it's not vB. Maybe Chrome changed the way when a URL is copied from the address bar, it now included formatting. Nothing has changed on the side of vB CKEditor.
                        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

So twitter has updated. And when i click the dropdown for a tweet i no longer get the "copy link" option. Is there a new way to get it?

Comment

The easiest way is to open a tweet by clicking on an empty space within the tweet block. It will open that single tweet and change the URL. Copy that tweet URL in the address bar. Then Paste as plain text or Paste and match style in the forum editor.
                            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I found it Glenn. Its easier for me to do this.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 10.01.19 PM.png
Views:	121
Size:	501.2 KB
ID:	19611

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                              X
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"