Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Is this the same issue you had for TikTok BBCode in the other post or is this issue for Twitter BBCode?

• DOSO
    replied
    Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    One way to integrate social media with forums is to embed tweets from Twitter into forum posts.

Go to AdminCP > Custom BB Codes > Add New BB Code and enter the following information:

Title: Tweet
    BB Code Tag Name: tweet
    Replacement: (Updated code as of 02/26/22 to fix issue for Tweet URL with querystring parameters)
    Code:
    <div data-tweet-param="{param}"></div><script>(function(){function k(a,c){var d=Element.prototype;return(d.matches||d.webkitMatchesSelector||d.mozMatchesSelector||d.msMatchesSelector||function(a){return-1!==[].indexOf.call(document.querySelectorAll(a),this)}).call(a,c)}function g(a,c){return a?k(a,c)?a:"HTML"===a.tagName?null:g(a.parentNode,c):null}var b,u=`{param}`.replace(/<br\s*[\/]?>/gi, '').replace(/\r|\n/g,'').replace(new RegExp(unescape('%26amp;'), 'g'),unescape('%26')),a,e=document.getElementsByTagName("script"),e=e[e.length-1],f;if(/^http[s]*:\/\//.test(u)){a=document.createElement("a");a.href=u;b=a.pathname.substring(a.pathname.lastIndexOf("/")+1)}f=e.parentNode.querySelector('[data-tweet-param*="'+u+'"]:empty');(a=g(f,".js-post"))?a=a.getAttribute("data-node-id"):(a=g(f,".js-post-sm"),a=a?a.getAttribute("data-nodeid"):Math.floor(Math.random()*10000));a="t_"+(a||"")+"_"+b;window[a]=function(a){f.innerHTML=a.html;a=f.getElementsByTagName("script");for(var c,d=document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0],b=0;b<a.length;b++)a[b].src?(c=document.createElement("script"),c.src=a[b].src,d.appendChild(c)):eval(a[b].textContent)};var h=document.createElement("script");h.src="https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/oembed.json?id="+b+decodeURIComponent("%26")+"callback="+a;e.parentNode.appendChild(h)})();</script>
    Example: [tweet]TweetUrlOrTweetIdHere[/tweet]
    Other Options: Select Yes to all starting from "Remove Tag If Empty" option (for Button Image option, you could specify image path. If specified, a new button for this BB Code will appear in the editor)

Demo:
    This tweet:
    [tweet]https://twitter.com/noypiscripter/status/758114543033647104[/tweet]

or just using the Twitter Post ID

[tweet]758114543033647104[/tweet]

will be rendered as:

To get the Tweet URL, go to a tweet on Twitter, click on the 3 dots icon below the tweet, choose "Copy link to Tweet" and then copy the URL.

Other sample:
    Hello Glenn. I am writing this message because none of the icons that I put in the bbcode work right. With the tiktok one, in the preview, it looks correct. However, when I go to post it, I only get the actual tiktok line. I was wondering what I am doing wrong.

None of them work correctly. How can I fix this?

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    I checked and I confirmed that Firefox is not showing the embedded tweet. After investigating, Firefox is blocking Social Media trackers (which include Twitter) by default using the default "Strict" mode for Enhanced Tracking Protection option.

If you click the shield icon next to the SSL lock icon in the Firefox address bar, you will see "Social Media Trackers" is blocked. If you expand it, you will see the Twitter API URL. If you want to change the security settings, click "Manage protection settings" and switch from "Strict" to "Standard" and then click "Reload All Tabs" and then check that the embedded tweet should now be displayed.

Leave a comment:

• Navodit
    replied
    not showing up on firefox

Leave a comment:

• lange
    replied
    +

Just to add that your code works perfectly. I tested yesterday. It is also possible to achieve the same goal by using the option tag.

Leave a comment:

• lange
    replied
    test testing

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Also updated the BBCode on this site so you can test it here.

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    That's an alternative Tweet BBCode but that's for a Twitter account's timeline and not for individual tweets. In most cases, forum users would want to post a specific tweet into a forum post.

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Fixed and updated code in the first post.

Here's a sample tweet URL with querystring parameters:

https://twitter.com/vbmodsthatrock/status/1489663748491157511?s=20&t=3i-9zc-TquBRaRNe6r2otg

Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-26-2022, 05:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lange
    replied
    Removed, I don't want to confuse people with a different code.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Ok I'm looking into it.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    Ok, I tried going to Twitter and copy the Tweet URL using the Share icon at the bottom of the tweet post and I see the same querystring. It seems this is Twitter's way to track how many times a tweet is shared? It doesn't break the Tweet BBCode, does it?
    It does. For me it just shows up as blank.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Ok, I tried going to Twitter and copy the Tweet URL using the Share icon at the bottom of the tweet post and I see the same querystring. It seems this is Twitter's way to track how many times a tweet is shared? It doesn't break the Tweet BBCode, does it?

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    That is called URL querystring. After you copy the Tweet URL on Twitter, paste it in a text editor. Do you see that querystring?

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    I doubt this is a plug in issue. Others dont have this problem. But when i copy a link from twitter...for some reason code is being added to it.

https://twitter.com/NewEraZach_/stat...27064285069315?s=20&t=h5wzfdPYmur0wCko-5LiQw

For instance the bolded part. I always have to delete the question mark and everything after it to get it to post a tweet. I use Chrome. But tested it with firefox and it does the same thing. My guess is its my macbook? Which is up to date.

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
X
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"