Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengals1181
    replied
    I also can't get a button to show up on the editor.

Leave a comment:

• Bengals1181
    replied
    Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    One way to integrate social media with forums is to embed tweets from Twitter into forum posts.

Go to AdminCP > Custom BB Codes > Add New BB Code and enter the following information:

Title: Tweet
    BB Code Tag Name: tweet
    Replacement:
    Code:
    <div data-tweet-param="{param}"></div><script>(function(){function k(a,c){var d=Element.prototype;return(d.matches||d.webkitMatchesSelector||d.mozMatchesSelector||d.msMatchesSelector||function(a){return-1!==[].indexOf.call(document.querySelectorAll(a),this)}).call(a,c)}function g(a,c){return a?k(a,c)?a:"HTML"===a.tagName?null:g(a.parentNode,c):null}var b="{param}",a,e=document.getElementsByTagName("script"),e=e[e.length-1],f;if(/^http[s]*:\/\//.test(b)){a=document.createElement("a");a.href=b;b=a.pathname.substring(a.pathname.lastIndexOf("/")+1)}f=e.parentNode.querySelector('[data-tweet-param="{param}"]:empty');(a=g(f,".js-post"))?a=a.getAttribute("data-node-id"):(a=g(f,".js-post-sm"),a=a?a.getAttribute("data-nodeid"):Math.floor(Math.random()*10000));a="t_"+(a||"")+"_"+b;window[a]=function(a){f.innerHTML=a.html;a=f.getElementsByTagName("script");for(var c,d=document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0],b=0;b<a.length;b++)a[b].src?(c=document.createElement("script"),c.src=a[b].src,d.appendChild(c)):eval(a[b].textContent)};var h=document.createElement("script");h.src="https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/oembed.json?id="+b+decodeURIComponent("%26")+"callback="+a;e.parentNode.appendChild(h)})();</script>
    Example: [tweet]TweetUrlOrTweetIdHere[/tweet]
    Other Options: Select Yes to all starting from "Remove Tag If Empty" option (for Button Image option, you could specify image path. If specified, a new button for this BB Code will appear in the editor)

Demo:
    This tweet:
    [tweet]https://twitter.com/noypiscripter/status/758114543033647104[/tweet]

or just using the Twitter Post ID

[tweet]758114543033647104[/tweet]

will be rendered as:

To get the Tweet URL, go to a tweet on Twitter, click on the 3 dots icon below the tweet, choose "Copy link to Tweet" and then copy the URL.

Other sample:
    Stupid newbie question here. Do we copy the entire code to put in the Replacement field? That's what I did, but I haven't been able to get it to work yet.

Leave a comment:

• asd937
    replied
    work great on 5.6.3
    thank you

Leave a comment:

• lange
    replied
    The code work on my 3.8.11 and 5.6.1 forums. It's the same code. It work with activated parameter/option. Probably, it work on vB4 too.

Leave a comment:

• lottidah
    replied

Starting to think it was a twitter issue....I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• lottidah
    commented on 's reply
    Doesn't seem to work here either?

• lottidah
    replied
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-26-2022, 04:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lottidah
    replied
    This doesn't seem to work on our site, recently updated to 5.6.1.

The button works but the Tweet is not displaying in the post.

Leave a comment:

• el3mel
    replied
    Hello. I have installed the code and it works pretty fine, however I noticed a heavy drop in speed of going back and forth between each thread pages, especially those which had the tweet in them. Like when I move to a page that has an embedded tweet, it takes ages. Is there any solution for such problem ? glennrocksvb

Leave a comment:

• el3mel
    replied

Does this still work on recent VB 5 forums ?

Leave a comment:

• vojo
    replied
    work great with vBulletin Version 4.2.1
    thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    I found it Glenn. Its easier for me to do this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 10.01.19 PM.png
Views:	121
Size:	501.2 KB
ID:	19611

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    The easiest way is to open a tweet by clicking on an empty space within the tweet block. It will open that single tweet and change the URL. Copy that tweet URL in the address bar. Then Paste as plain text or Paste and match style in the forum editor.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    So twitter has updated. And when i click the dropdown for a tweet i no longer get the "copy link" option. Is there a new way to get it?

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    But i used to be able to open a tweet and simply copy the address in the browser address box. Then paste it in the bbcode. And it would be without the formatting. Interesting.
    It's not Twitter and it's not vB. Maybe Chrome changed the way when a URL is copied from the address bar, it now included formatting. Nothing has changed on the side of vB CKEditor.

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
X
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"