Clear All

never mind i figured that one out

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      glennrocksvb commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you figured it out yourself.

Hi.

1. Is this mod compatible with 5.6.6 / PHP 8?
    2. Can we get via CSS something like the following screenshot?
    - fullwidth, same height
    - background color
    - font (size, color)
    - text (similar, same place at left)
    - date?

Regards

Click image for larger version  Name:	thanks2.png Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	23831

Comment

lange
      1. Yes, this mod works in vB 5.6.6 and PHP 8.
      2. See answers below:
        1. Full-width - Yes, there is an option to set it in full width as shown in the screenshot and screencast in the first post
        2. Background color - Yes, in the readme file, it includes a section on how to customize the style of the Likes Summary.
        3. Font - Same as #2
        4. Text - Did you mean list of users are left-aligned? If set to full-width, the list is left aligned by default.
        5. Date - This mod uses the existing Reputation API to retrieve the list of users who liked a post. Unfortunately, this API doesn't include the date when the user liked the post. The database has the date but the API doesn't fetch it. This can be fixed by editing an existing PHP file from vB5 files to include the date in the API. But this means that you'd have to re-apply this change whenever you upgrade the forum.
      Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-13-2022, 12:21 AM.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hi,

Is it possible to display the list of those who have been thanked in the guest usergroup? By using a conditional in the template?

There are no permissions in the reputation system for guests so the list of likes is displayed to members but not to guests.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Your screenshot is too blurred to see. But all usergroups should have that permission. I don't know why you don't have it in your forum. There must be something wrong in your Usergroup Manager.
        Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-13-2022, 01:44 PM.

• lange
        lange commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe someone else can confirm?

Checked on my production forum.
        Checked on a new install in another directory with a fresh MySQL database.

No Reputation permission for the guest usergroup and I don't see 'Unregistered usergroup' on my 5.6.6, only 'Guest usergroup'.

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        You must have renamed the default name "Unregistered Users" to "Guest" or you're not using the default English language and the translation is different. But any usergroup should have "Can see who liked a post" permission or whatever the translated phrase is for it.

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you post a clearer screenshot? I'm outside with just my phone and can't login to AdminCP to show my screenshot.

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Or vB renamed Unregistered Users to Guest by default that I'm not aware of? But anyway, that shouldn't matter. As I've said, any usergroup should have that permission, otherwise you wouldn't be able to control who can see who liked a post for any usergroup other than the guests.

I asked the question there https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...for-the-guests

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Watching that post. You have a weird situation for guests usergroup that it's only there where the permission is missing.

• lange
        lange commented
        Editing a comment
        I had noticed an issue with the Reputation on 5.6.6 RC1. It's fixed on 5.6.6. Maybe it's related to the current issue.

The link https://forum.vbulletin.com/node/0 is not working Feedback on 5.6.6: PHP 8.0.12/MySQL 5.7.36. The update is completed from 5.6.6 RC1 to 5.6.6 on my production site. Reputation seemed not to work on RC1 but works fine on 5.6.6. Everything seems to be working so far. Thanks.

• lange
        lange commented
        Editing a comment
        I added to the question on vbulletin.com. I hope the answer will be Yes, it's normal.

Otherwise I'll probably have to reinstall everything and I don't want to do that. This is going to take too much of my time.

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        vB might have renamed it to Guest by default and if that's the case, then it's normal. The issue is the "Can see who liked a post" permission is missing in Guest usergroup or Unregistered usergroup for some reason.

lange, just got home and checked my local vB 5.6.6 installation and it indeed they had renamed "Unregistered" usergroup into "Guests" usergroup and I can confirm that the Reputation permissions are really gone. vB might have filtered out the settings that they thought was non-applicable to guests but I guess they removed Reputation permissions by mistake. They should have at least kept the "Can see who liked a post" permission because some forum owners may want to allow this for guests.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thank you for your reply at vbulletin.com.

It is now clear, the permissions for the guests have been filtered.

Just a comment though : by filtering, filtering and filtering, vBulletin does not stand out from the competition, it even pushes the old forum owners to go towards the competition.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          I understand your frustration. The best thing to do right now is to follow their advice to create a bug report so their devs can fix it in 5.6.7.

Thanks lange for creating the bug report for vBulletin.

Folks, please vote for it https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-21065. I did.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Done!!!

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
        Thanks lange for creating the bug report for vBulletin.

Folks, please vote for it https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-21065. I did.
        Done !

Comment

Hi,

Only to say that we lost the image of all avatars when we tried to move them from the database to the filesystem. The avatars must be recreated. Fortunately, I had made a backup yesterday.

It's definitely related to this same issue:
          Hi, vBulletin Version: vB 5.6.6 PHP Version : 8.0.15 MySQL Version: 5.7.37. No Addons installed. The issue occur in the default style English language FireFox 97.0 Cleared cache Issue: after clicking on Rebuild Custom Avatar Thumbnails in General Update Tools/Maintenance, I get the following error message: The

I get the following message when I run the tool to republish avatars: The custom avatar thumbnail directory at ./customavatars is not writable. Please contact your host for assistance. Thumbnails cannot be

Comment

nice mod, a management of the statistics of the likes given or received would also be interesting.

Comment

desmomax

This mod displays Like counts on postbit and profile on your forum. It displays the number of likes received and given by each user on their postbit and profile page. This is very useful for forums that want to show the appreciation and reputation of their users based on their likes. It helps users to see how popular and
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
            X
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"