X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi glennrocksvb

Just noticed that the user status field isn't editable by administrator members which might be used and displayed in the postbit. Is there a way to edit entries?

Regards and thanks in advance =)

Comment

Status can only be added by individual users. To display status in postbit, use this mod:

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...ate-in-postbit
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

It's so simple and useful, thanks for sharing.

I wonder if this is possible in your plugin: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229511

I tried to edit the conversation_userinfo template in according to codes above, but it didn't work.

Comment

You can edit the template used in this mod (not recommended to edit existing vB templates) to accomodate the display of country custom field value as flag images.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hi glen......challange for you..

It's possibile for you to put icons of facebook, instagram, skype and twitter on postbit.... on under zone of postbit

like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	postbit-vb5.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	9126

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              glennrocksvb commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll take a look.

I figured out a way to display images or CSS icons in the profile field values in postbit. See the Gender field here in my postbit. I am using pure CSS as the Male icon. This solution should enable any type of profile fields that you want to display images or icons instead of plain text. For example, now it's possible to display country flag images for Country custom profile field.

I will post this solution and update this mod when I get a chance.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Head over to your User Settings > Profile tab and set your Gender to see the Male or Female icon in your postbit.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

FYI. I've also added the Country custom profile field in the postbit on this site and it displays the corresponding flag image icon. Please feel free to update your Country in the User Settings if you want. I will release an upgrade to this mod once I know everything is working fine. Thanks!
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Udug
                  Udug commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gender and Country pics in Postbit will be a nice thing to have on any forum! Thank you Glenn, for your support and development.

Hi Glenn,
                Is there a way that I can show the profile fields on pc, but not on tablet or phone mode? (And for that matter, I would like that for the standard join date and post count as well)

Comment

Originally posted by Zeefje View Post
                  Hi Glenn,
                  Is there a way that I can show the profile fields on pc, but not on tablet or phone mode? (And for that matter, I would like that for the standard join date and post count as well)
                  For the Custom Profile Fields I've added a class to the "hook_profile_fields_postbit" template and added the following in my css_additional.css:
                  Code:
                  @media (max-width:736px) { .your-class {
                      display: none;
                  }}
                  Maybe glennrocksvb can assist you with the default data.

Comment

really it's great app

Comment

Glenn - this works well. Thank you for making it available! Question... I'm including the location but would like to remove the "Location:" field label and just display the data. Is that possible?

Comment

So you want to remove the label for Location and leave it for others?
                        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                          So you want to remove the label for Location and leave it for others?
                          that's what I was thinking but... sounds like removing Location would also remove Posts, right? So, I guess I wouldn't wan't that. It's not a huge deal... I was thinking it would save a row of real estate. For instance, "Location: Montgomery, AL" wraps to a second row but "Montgomery, AL" doesn't.

Comment

You would need to edit the mod template named "hook_profile_fields_postbit".

Change this line:
                            Code:
                            <li class="b-userinfo__additional-info"><label>{vb:phrase {vb:raw label}}:</label> <span>{vb:var fieldVal}</span></li>

to: (change highlighted in red)
                            Code:
                            <li class="b-userinfo__additional-info" [COLOR=#FF0000]data-field-label="{vb:phrase {vb:raw label}}"[/COLOR]><label>{vb:phrase {vb:raw label}}:</label> <span>{vb:var fieldVal}</span></li>
                            Then add this custom CSS:
                            Code:
                            .b-userinfo__additional-info[data-field-label="Location"] label {
                                display: none;
                            }
                            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                            X
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"