X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removed, I don't want to confuse people with a different code.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      glennrocksvb commented
      Editing a comment
      That's an alternative Tweet BBCode but that's for a Twitter account's timeline and not for individual tweets. In most cases, forum users would want to post a specific tweet into a forum post.

Fixed and updated code in the first post.

Here's a sample tweet URL with querystring parameters:

https://twitter.com/vbmodsthatrock/status/1489663748491157511?s=20&t=3i-9zc-TquBRaRNe6r2otg

Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-26-2022, 05:50 PM.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      glennrocksvb commented
      Editing a comment
      Also updated the BBCode on this site so you can test it here.

test testing

Comment

+

Just to add that your code works perfectly. I tested yesterday. It is also possible to achieve the same goal by using the option tag.

Comment

not showing up on firefox

Comment

I checked and I confirmed that Firefox is not showing the embedded tweet. After investigating, Firefox is blocking Social Media trackers (which include Twitter) by default using the default "Strict" mode for Enhanced Tracking Protection option.

If you click the shield icon next to the SSL lock icon in the Firefox address bar, you will see "Social Media Trackers" is blocked. If you expand it, you will see the Twitter API URL. If you want to change the security settings, click "Manage protection settings" and switch from "Strict" to "Standard" and then click "Reload All Tabs" and then check that the embedded tweet should now be displayed.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
            One way to integrate social media with forums is to embed tweets from Twitter into forum posts.

Go to AdminCP > Custom BB Codes > Add New BB Code and enter the following information:

Title: Tweet
            BB Code Tag Name: tweet
            Replacement: (Updated code as of 02/26/22 to fix issue for Tweet URL with querystring parameters)
            Code:
            <div data-tweet-param="{param}"></div><script>(function(){function k(a,c){var d=Element.prototype;return(d.matches||d.webkitMatchesSelector||d.mozMatchesSelector||d.msMatchesSelector||function(a){return-1!==[].indexOf.call(document.querySelectorAll(a),this)}).call(a,c)}function g(a,c){return a?k(a,c)?a:"HTML"===a.tagName?null:g(a.parentNode,c):null}var b,u=`{param}`.replace(/<br\s*[\/]?>/gi, '').replace(/\r|\n/g,'').replace(new RegExp(unescape('%26amp;'), 'g'),unescape('%26')),a,e=document.getElementsByTagName("script"),e=e[e.length-1],f;if(/^http[s]*:\/\//.test(u)){a=document.createElement("a");a.href=u;b=a.pathname.substring(a.pathname.lastIndexOf("/")+1)}f=e.parentNode.querySelector('[data-tweet-param*="'+u+'"]:empty');(a=g(f,".js-post"))?a=a.getAttribute("data-node-id"):(a=g(f,".js-post-sm"),a=a?a.getAttribute("data-nodeid"):Math.floor(Math.random()*10000));a="t_"+(a||"")+"_"+b;window[a]=function(a){f.innerHTML=a.html;a=f.getElementsByTagName("script");for(var c,d=document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0],b=0;b<a.length;b++)a[b].src?(c=document.createElement("script"),c.src=a[b].src,d.appendChild(c)):eval(a[b].textContent)};var h=document.createElement("script");h.src="https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/oembed.json?id="+b+decodeURIComponent("%26")+"callback="+a;e.parentNode.appendChild(h)})();</script>
            Example: [tweet]TweetUrlOrTweetIdHere[/tweet]
            Other Options: Select Yes to all starting from "Remove Tag If Empty" option (for Button Image option, you could specify image path. If specified, a new button for this BB Code will appear in the editor)

Demo:
            This tweet:
            [tweet]https://twitter.com/noypiscripter/status/758114543033647104[/tweet]

or just using the Twitter Post ID

[tweet]758114543033647104[/tweet]

will be rendered as:

To get the Tweet URL, go to a tweet on Twitter, click on the 3 dots icon below the tweet, choose "Copy link to Tweet" and then copy the URL.

Other sample:
            Hello Glenn. I am writing this message because none of the icons that I put in the bbcode work right. With the tiktok one, in the preview, it looks correct. However, when I go to post it, I only get the actual tiktok line. I was wondering what I am doing wrong.

None of them work correctly. How can I fix this?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              glennrocksvb commented
              Editing a comment
              Is this the same issue you had for TikTok BBCode in the other post or is this issue for Twitter BBCode?

• DOSO
              DOSO commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah. I figured it out. Once I turned everything from No to Yes underneath the button image option, twitter, and instagram worked. Once I put in only the numbers for TikTok, it started to work.

Anyone else noticing the Tweet BB code isn't displaying Tweets properly? It only displays the text of the Tweet and not the formatted Tweet.

Comment

Test Tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by lottidah View Post
                Anyone else noticing the Tweet BB code isn't displaying Tweets properly? It only displays the text of the Tweet and not the formatted Tweet.
                Having the same issue on my VB6 forum - have recent VB upgrades broken the BB Code?

Comment

The Twiiter JS API is returning 404 Not Found error. They might have changed the API location since they changed to X or they did deprecated the old Twitter API.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I'll research for the new X API and update the BBCode.
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by lottidah View Post
                      Test Tweet.

Seems like the Twitter BBCode is now working. I didn't have to make any change. Maybe there was just a glitch on Twitter side before.
                      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I can confirm it's working again on my site too, thanks for confirming Glenn.

Comment

This does not work for me.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                          X
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"