X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid Mod Quote Selected Text Pro for vBCloud

This mod is the vBCloud version of the free Quote Selected Text for self-download vB5.

Sometimes you only want to quote some text in a post instead of the entire post when replying. This modification allows users to easily do that.

Features:
    • When you highlight a portion of a post, a Quote button appears next to it if you have permission to post to that thread.
    • Can quote comments not just replies. By default, vBulletin 5 does not allow you to quote comments.
    • Can quote multiple posts across different pages in a thread without losing the existing quoted text if the default AJAX pagination is not disabled by a third-party plugin.
    • Works on desktop browser, tablets, mobile and other touch devices. The free version only works on desktop.
    • This mod uses the Template Hook system that vBCloud started to support in 2019. Prior to this, creating mods for vBCloud had an inelegant workaround that requires you to add an invisible HTML Module and/or adding HTML or script in Search Engine Tools options (Google Analytics or Google/Bing Ownership Verification)

Demo:
    If you are logged in to this forum, you can try selecting or highlighting some text in this post and a Quote button will appear.

Screenshots:
    Please see attached screenshots below.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	quote-selected-pro-vbcloud-desktop.png Views:	0 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	23291

Click image for larger version  Name:	quote-selected-pro-vbcloud-mobile.png Views:	0 Size:	71.7 KB ID:	23292

Click image for larger version  Name:	quote-selected-pro-vbcloud-quote.png Views:	0 Size:	60.6 KB ID:	23293

Price:

$20
    (branding-free)

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Need help or not comfortable installing this mod? Purchase the installation service below:

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!

Want to pay using Credit/Debit Card? Contact us and we will send you an invoice where you can use your own card.

Last edited by glennrocksvb; 01-19-2022, 09:27 PM.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

I had the first cloud version, but always wanted it to work on touch devices. After installing this MOD, and being a cloud customer, I learned a bit about doing a template hook. Your instructions were spot on and easy to follow. Regarding the MOD, it works great, and our users with touch devices were thrilled...A+,A+

Comment

Thanks for the nice feedback!
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I have hook_quote_seltext in the template manger. This can be deleted correct? I think it was from the mod before that touch screen update. Only the “pro” needs to stay
        if so how does one delete it? It is already removed from the products and hooks
        TIA

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          Try selecting it and then clicking Revert button.

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I didn’t think it was still needed

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          You're right, It's no longer needed. It was for the old version.

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
        Sometimes you only want to quote some text in a post instead of the entire post when replying. This modification allows users to easily do that.
        Nice feature 👍

Comment

Just checking this will work in vB6 ?

Finally have time to buy and install 🙂

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes! Mine works,, great Mod

Glenn's ongoing compatible Mod list FYI

Will vB5 plugins work with vB6? That's one of the most asked questions when vB6 was released. Here in vBMods.rocks, the answer is mostly yes. Most of the vB5 mods here in vBMods.rocks should work with vB6 but it's not a guarantee at this point due to obviously unforeseen frontend and backend changes introduced in vB6. We will

Comment

Excellent, thanks Mitch 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
              Glenn's ongoing compatible Mod list FYI

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/members-l...-compatibility
              Thanks, I did look in there but specific cloud one wasn’t mentioned, just the other so I wanted to be sure. 👍

Great list of fab features ❤️

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                glennrocksvb commented
                Editing a comment
                I should have explicitly listed vBCloud there. But if a mod works on self-hosted vB6, it should also work on vBCloud.

Whoa! Get me! Bought and installed within 20 minutes only took that long because I always check myself twice 😂

Thanks glennrocksvb so easy to do.

only thing I couldn’t do was:

Make sure the Products/Hook System is enabled. Go to Settings → Options → Products/Hook System → Enable/Disable Hook System → Yes.

There wasn’t that option but it still worked 👍

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"