X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nijohn View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 21.37.38.png Views:	1 Size:	14.1 KB ID:	3239

How do I get exactly the way it is for you (see the above image). Please give step by step guidelines. Really appreciate your work.
    i am also trying to achieve this....ive spent a good bit of time so far....finally ive got a quote bubble thats ok, but id like the divot better if it was on top like this...also failed when i tried to reorder it so it appears at the top....seems like some instructions are missing or discussed elsewhere? template edits?

i dont want to implement it as a custom field, i want to keep the default "user status" enacted...any help would be great

Comment

• IggyP
      IggyP commented
      Editing a comment
      hmm...i can see the hooks and custom template names, but dont see the templates when i try to edit?

Check post #13 for reordering it.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      Check post #13 for reordering it.
      i did...ive read it probly over 10 times, as well as this entire topic several times....im missing even basic infos i feel as adding those codes did not resolve it

Comment

• IggyP
        IggyP commented
        Editing a comment
        i can see others have had problems also, so im wondering what it is....is there supposed to be custom template for this? maybe lets start there...cuz i dont see any

• IggyP
        IggyP commented
        Editing a comment
        finally sorted it

Originally posted by IggyP View Post

i am also trying to achieve this....ive spent a good bit of time so far....finally ive got a quote bubble thats ok, but id like the divot better if it was on top like this...also failed when i tried to reorder it so it appears at the top....seems like some instructions are missing or discussed elsewhere? template edits?

i dont want to implement it as a custom field, i want to keep the default "user status" enacted...any help would be great
      Regarding the triangle, I finally figured it out and thought to stick the code here for future reference.

Code:
      .vb5-noypiscripter-status-update-postbit {
          font-style: italic;
          background: rgba(255,255,255,.75);
          padding: 10px 20px;
          text-align: left;
          border-radius: 5px;
          box-shadow: 0 3px 8px rgba(0,0,0,.18),0 4px 16px rgba(0,0,0,.36);
          position: relative;
          background: #f1f3f3;
          border: 1px solid #60686c;
          order: 1 !important;
          margin: 0 0 15px;
      }
      .vb5-noypiscripter-status-update-postbit:after {
        content: "";
        position: absolute;
        top: -20px;
        left: 65px;
        width: 0;
        border-bottom: 20px solid #f1f3f3;
        border-left: 20px solid transparent;
        border-right: 20px solid transparent;
      }
      You can see it on my site here: https://www.christforums.org/forum/m...necy#post36900

Comment

thanks for sharing that.

the more i get thinking about it....i think it makes even better sense to be above "order: 1"

like, above the awards and member title even....just right under the username...perhaps that would be easier? lol idk

Comment

• William
          William commented
          Editing a comment
          IggyP, what is your site's url? Have you thought about including it in your profile or showcase?

Hi Glenn,

I'm unable to download the file: Invalid File Specified.

Thanks,
        Rob

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for reporting. I'll update the attachment.

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems to be working now. I didn't even do anything.

• Fleiding
          Fleiding commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, I've got it!

Please someone can explain to me the steps to follow this mod.Lo I have installed in my forum, if I appear send MP but I do not see that custom phrase of the state as if it appears here I let capture. I also followed the passions that are discussed in the posts @glennrocksvb13, and @William14 of this thread help please.Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2017-10-19 a las 15.33.10.png
Views:	387
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	7082

A cordial greeting

Comment

I have already got the text to appear first but I do not know how to make the "" and a background for the text appear, some help please
          A cordial greeting

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you follow the instructions correctly?

I think yes, the text if I appear but only as a text, I do not see the quotes, neither the triangle nor the background glennrocksvb
          A cordial greeting

Comment

I am using in my forum version 5.3.3 even influences this?
            A cordial greeting

Comment

I put this code
              Code:
              <vb: if condition = "$ postInfo ['field19']"> <li> <label> {vb: phrase field19_title}: </ lable>
                   <span> {vb: raw postInfo.customFields.default.field19_title.val} </ span> </ li>
              </ vb: if>
              here conversation_userinfo after the line is {vb: hook 'conversation_userstats'}, then I put in the additional CSS the code that you left in comment 13 of this thread, then I put the code that Guillermo left in the comment 34 of this thread, but I can only see the text has no background image, no quotation marks, nor is it framed in a triangle as it appears here in your forum, I must correct something. Thank you
              A cordial greeting

Comment

I don't know if this forum just messed up the code but I'm seeing spaces where there should not be.

But I'm confused which mod you are trying to use. The code you posted is not related to the Status Update mod in this thread. And besides, you should not edit existing vB5 templates to insert that code. You should use this mod instead and that doesn't require editing existing templates. If you want to style it to be the same as the Status Update mod, you cannot use the CSS code here as that is specifically for that mod.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                  You should use this mod instead
                  Sorry I made a mess, I already corrected, what I intend to get is that you see how you have in your forum, attached image, I'm using your Mod Add Custom Profile Fields in Postbit
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2017-10-19 a las 22.25.01.png
Views:	87
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	7113​​​​​​​
                  A cordial greeting

Comment

So you want the custom profile postbit mod to look like the status update mod?
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

What I want to get is that it looks like you have in your forum and I'm totally lost in how to do it, what should I do? Sorry for my ignorance of how to do it and thank you for your patience
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2017-10-19 a las 15.33.10.png
Views:	369
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	7118​​​​​​​
                      A cordial greeting

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                      X
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"