First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok here we are had to use CTRL+V to paste image
    Wise men say nothing Fools never listen

Comment

Thanks for providing a video willie53. I still cannot do it. There must be something on my setup.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Ok it looks like copy paste upload only works in Firefox. I was using Chrome. I also tried in Edge and it didn't work.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• willie53
          willie53 commented
          Editing a comment
          just tried other browsers and look like it only works in firefox as you already used chrome & edge i tried oera and tor it was a no go

Click image for larger version

Name:	NavySEAL_1024x1024.png
Views:	125
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	6687

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice avatar!

• Fleet
          Fleet commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha thanks man.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          To attach images from external sites, you can copy the image url and click the image icon in the editor and paste the url there. Or use [img] BBCode manually.

Another way is to drag the image directly from the external site and dropping it in the editor. This is an existing default editor feature and it works even without this mod.

Just upgraded to vb 5.3.4 alpha just replaced the uploader.php with one i already edited then deleted the new js/ckeditor-rollup-534a4.js and renamed the existing 5.3.3.js to the new one

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          You should not do that. If uploader.php and ckeditor-rollup534a4.js have newer code than its previous version, then you would lose all those changes

Updated to 5.3.4 Alpha and the mod works. However, it causes the disappearance of the underline button in Ckeditor. This is a well used and important function in my forum now gone missing.

Glenn, after I updated to 5.3.4 I checked to see whether the button was present and it was. After making the file edits it wasn't.

Enjoy,
        William

Comment

glennrocksvb i compared both the files for any changes using winmerge and there where no differences between them

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Good thing there were no changes.

Originally posted by William View Post
          Updated to 5.3.4 Alpha and the mod works. However, it causes the disappearance of the underline button in Ckeditor. This is a well used and important function in my forum now gone missing.

Glenn, after I updated to 5.3.4 I checked to see whether the button was present and it was. After making the file edits it wasn't.

Enjoy,
          William
          Hi William
          untill this is working it can be achieved with bbcode like [b]so[/u] although not working as i think the bbcode has been turned off here
          Last edited by willie53; 10-17-2017, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• William
            William commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Willie

I will look into the missing underline button issue. Thanks William for confirming it is caused by this mod.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

While waiting for the missing underline button issue (which might take a while to fix), you can highlight a text and use the CTRL+U (Command-U for Mac) keyboard shortcut to underline a text or manually use [u][/u] BBCode.
            Last edited by glennrocksvb; 10-17-2017, 07:54 AM.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

It looks like I found a fix! vB5 ships /js/ckeditor/config.js file as part of the vB5 package. But it is never ever actually used when the editor is loaded and initialized. But if you install this Drag and Drop Image Upload mod, this config.js file is used and all the configurations will take effect. One of the configurations is to remove the Underline button.

To fix this issue, you have to edit the /js/ckeditor/config.js file on your server using FTP or cPanel (or its equivalent).

Find the following line:

Code:
              config.removeButtons = 'Underline,Subscript,Superscript';
              and then remove Underline, (include the trailing comma)

Code:
              config.removeButtons = 'Subscript,Superscript';
              You will have to clear your browser cache for it to get the latest version of config.js. If you are using CDN or CloudFlare, you would have to also purge the cache on their server.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                glennrocksvb commented
                Editing a comment
                First post updated with this fix.

• William
                William commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Glenn, the underline button now works and no issues with 5.3.4!

Fantastic!

All these little tweaks make the vB experience all that much better!.

Comment

Originally posted by willie53 View Post
                Ok here we are had to use CTRL+V to paste image
                Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                Ok it looks like copy paste upload only works in Firefox. I was using Chrome. I also tried in Edge and it didn't work.
                I discovered the copy/paste that works (at least in Chrome and Firefox) and uploads the image into vB5 using this mod. Using the Paste operation from context menu also works not just using CTRL+V or Command+V.
                • If you use a screen capture tool (e.g. Snipping Tool in Windows) and copy (not save) the image, you can paste it in the CKEditor and it will be automatically uploaded.
                • If you are editing an image in an image editor tool (e.g. Paint) and select the image and copy it, you can paste it in the CKEditor and it will be automatically uploaded.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I'm getting a file upload server error in 5.3.4 Beta, could someone verify?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                    glennrocksvb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is there any error message in the browser console or in the server logs?

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"