Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    So you'd have to keep on updating the fake guest count in order to make it appear real? Otherwise, showing 986 guest count every 24 hours or the count not even changing within 24 hours would make it look unreal as guests (including bots) usually come and go.

• lange
    replied
    The fake guest count option.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-02-28_19-28-17.png
Views:	261
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	24094

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    I don't know how you configure the fake guest count on that mod but if you configure it by entering the count that you want to be displayed in the module, then that count will never change until you manually change the option again?

• lange
    commented on 's reply
    I don't know for the dynamic thing.

It's ok Glenn. I'll look at that later with Mr Google translate. At the moment you may be losing me because of my age. ;-)

(this is the last visitors mod from Yilmaz).

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    I take no offense. I was just explaining that the number of guests seemed to be the currently online guests and not necessarily within the 24-hour cutoff. And now you disclosed that it is fake. If the fake guest count is set as an option, then you have to always modify it to make it dynamic and look like real? And I don't know why it adds a table in the DB as the last visitors info already exists in the database. My Last Visitors mod is the same as the "List Visitors in the Last 24 Hours" in the User Manager in AdminCP. The only difference is I made the time cutoff as an option instead of the fixed 24 hours.

Leave a comment:

• lange
    replied
    No offense, it was just a suggestion.

The 1454 guests are the fake guests. It's an option in the settings with the added number of fake guests.

Both mods work fine. I will test the two mods for a while and decide which one to use. Your mod seems to have the advantage of not adding a MySQL table and it's important for me. The difference between the two mods is visually very small in the design as you can see on this screenshot that I will delete in the next few hours.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    lange, that seems to be a combination of the Last Visitors and Who's Online modules. But the Who's Online is a little different. It just counts who are online at the point the page was loaded. It doesn't take into account the time cutoff. For example, it seems like that the 1.454 guests in that screenshot are the guests who were currently online at that time not in the past 24 hours. Guests don't have user IDs thus the system cannot record the number of active guests within a span or range of time. So including the number of guests in the Last Visitors module is a little misleading.
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-28-2022, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Will look into that.

• lange
    replied
    Hi,

It would be interesting if you could improve this mod by adding a Last Activity on mouse-over option and other details.

Leave a comment:

• lange
    commented on 's reply
    Edited. It's ok now.

• lange
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, I will install this version.

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Originally posted by lange View Post
    Hi.

The following error message is displayed when I save the template without any modification inside the template. The template is not saved.

Tested on default style.
    PHP 8.0.15 / vB 5.6.6
    Released v1.11 to fix this issue. First post updated and customers who purchased this product notified.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    I was a little surprised that removing that block of code didn't produce an error or warning in PHP 8 because the $avatarSize variable wouldn't be initialized. But regardless, without this code, if you set Avatar Size for Mobile option to 50px or less, it would have a slight performance hit on mobile devices because larger avatars would be used instead of just thumb-sized images.

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    That code is safe and harmless. vBulletin only has a limited set of PHP functions that can be used in a template. You can ignore that warning and proceed to saving the template successfully with or without your changes. But for peace of mind, I will fix this and release it soon.

• lange
    commented on 's reply
    I can save the template without this conditional:
    Code:
    <vb:comment>Use a simple mobile device check to request 'thumb' size or not</vb:comment>
    <vb:if condition="isset($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']) AND stripos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'mobile') !== FALSE">
        {vb:set avatarSize, {vb:php intval, {vb:raw avatarSizeMobile}}}
    <vb:else />
        {vb:set avatarSize, {vb:php intval, {vb:raw avatarSizeDesktop}}}
    </vb:if>
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-09-2022, 09:29 PM. Reason: Fixed code formatting by enclosing in [code] tag.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
X
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"