• Time
  • Show
Clear All

my website :
    https://web.anime-toons.com
    vbulletin 5 Very bad program and many problems
    -

Comment

Glenn..... but the channel viewer.... works with ALL VISITORS? Registred and unregistred?

I've got...for example 4-500 visitors (on index counter) and only 40-50 appears are viewing the forum.... like the counter...... is for ONLY MEMBERS? Possible? (always on www.daidegasforum.com )

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        It's only for members. vB5 only records viewing members on the database. The mod just retrieves them for display.

Ok Glenn.. and there is anything to display ALL viewing? Registred members and anonymous viewers (like on old VB3 or VB4?)

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        That requires additional coding that's complex. If I had to implement that, it would require increasing the cost of the mod. As of now, I don't have plans to implement such complex change.

Ok glenn.. thanks... I hope u'll decide to upgrade the mods.... with unregistred, bots, and all

Comment

it works perfectly, Thank you (5.4.2 vB)

Comment

glennrocksvb We just purchased and installed this mod and I really think it helps making feel the forum more alive. I do have a question however. When I count all displayed viewers at this moment, I get a number of 112. The number of logged in users however is currently 47. How is this explained?

Comment

The channel viewer counter includes guests.

Comment

I see. So that has been added since your comment of the third of July in this thread?

Comment

Nothing has changed in the plugin code. But when I looked at the existing session table in the database where the plugin is pulling the viewer information from, I see userid=0 in the table. It looks like vB included guests in one of the recent upgrades or I was inaccurate when I said it only included members.

You could have 100 guests visiting your forum but there could only be 50 of them actually viewing a channel page or threads and the rest are on other pages such as Homepage, Profile pages, Search Results pages, custom pages, etc. Only those who are viewing a channel page or a thread are counted for the Channel Viewer counter.

Comment

Hi,

Does this product work under vB 5.5.0?

Best Regards

edit: bought, I will test tomorrow.

Comment

Hi,

Just bought your installation add-on. Email sent.

Regards

Comment

Thanks for the installation.

The guests are displayed on your forum. Not on my forum 5.5.0 (logged in a subject as guest, close my browser with cookie cleared, return to forum as guest and I do not see '1 viewing' online). Tested on 5.4.5 too, same issue, installed 10 minutes ago.

Could you take a look at your Branding Free script & install?

Best regards

Comment

lange, the channel counter viewer mod seems to be working as designed. I logged in to your forum and opened the homepage as a logged in user (User A) and then in another browser I opened a topic as a guest (User B). When I looked at the homepage as User A, I can see the "1 Viewing" counter next the forum channel of the topic being viewed by User B.
                        Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-06-2019, 12:06 AM.

Comment

You was logged as member. No problem for the members connected, it work fine.

The issue: I can't reproduce it as guest. As guest, I openned a topic in one channel and closed Firefox with cookies cleared by default. I re-opened FireFox and typed the url of the forum and watched as guest again if the 1 viewing was there for the channel. On your forum and on the forum 5.4.5 of your customer, my presence as a guest appears on both forums not on my 5.5.5 and 5.4.5 forums. It is specified here too:
                          https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...6306#post16306

As is, I will have to disable this product, it is not useful at all for my type of forum, a read-only forum (registration is not allowed for many months).

I am interested in a more advanced version like the old one on vb 3.x & 4.x.

Please, delete your screenshot, it is a private forum.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                            glennrocksvb commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Screenshot deleted.

Glenn,

I don't care about the money. I accept the issue but I am interested in a more advanced version including the guests like on vB 3.8.X and 4.X. If you sell it, I will buy for sure.

Delete the screenshot of my forum please. The forum is not online and will not be online before many weeks

Best Regards

@++

Comment

Working...
                          X