Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying to download the zip file but it keeps telling me "invalid file specified". Any ideas?

Comment

It works for me but maybe because I'm an admin. I looked at the permissions for the regular users and I don't see anything wrong with the ability to download non-image attachments. Can someone else try and let me know if you encounter the same issue that Iamtdg is encountering?
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          It works for me but maybe because I'm an admin. I looked at the permissions for the regular users and I don't see anything wrong with the ability to download non-image attachments. Can someone else try and let me know if you encounter the same issue that Iamtdg is encountering?
          I got it figured out. I have an ad blocker that was causing the issue. Thanks so much. This is an awesome mod and I appreciate it.

Comment

This feature really rocks. I don't understand why such a useful feature is not part of the original vB?

But it looks like it is not working from my cellphone? Is it possible please to make it work also in a cellphone?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              glennrocksvb commented
              Editing a comment
              Doing a long press to select text on touch devices makes a context menu appears and that doesn't seem to be cancellable.

done whiskey on the way work lovely on vb 5.5
            voyger.: In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence."

Comment

Doing a long press to select text on touch devices makes a context menu appears and that doesn't seem to be cancellable.
              XF has this feature even more advanced and it works nicely also in the phone. Too bad I didn't know sooner about the sale and move of vB developers to XF, because that's where the real vB5 is and where I have to move too.

Comment

This product doesn't seem to work inside private messages, any workaround that ?

Comment

Originally posted by Glaudiar View Post
                  This product doesn't seem to work inside private messages, any workaround that ?
                  Sure is. Move to XF. You will thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by vB5user View Post
                    Sure is. Move to XF. You will thank me later.
                    Yeah, that's not exactly a workaround as I envisioned it

Comment

• vB5user
                      vB5user commented
                      Editing a comment
                      But it is the best solution, guarantee.

• Glaudiar
                      Glaudiar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe for this particular problem, and a bunch of others, but unfortunately, there are other parameters at play that make moving out of VB impossible at the moment in my situation.

• vB5user
                      vB5user commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It is hard but doable and well worth it. Look here all major vb forums migrating like the recent caravans to the us. https://xenforo.com/community/thread...ms-list.87974/

Originally posted by Glaudiar View Post
                    The mod doesn't work in PM because it is dependent on the availability of the existing Quote button in the post footer. If the Quote button is not available, then the mod will not allow quote selection since it assumes that the logged in user has no permission to quote posts. Since there is no Quote button in PMs, the mod works as intended not to allow quote selection in PM.

But it doesn't mean that the mod could not be updated to allow quote selection in PMs even if there is no existing Quote button. The question is, does PM show quoted text to be displayed as quote like in normal forum posts? If not, then allowing the mod to do quote selection in PM will be useless.
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

The mod doesn't work in PM because it is dependent on the availability of the existing Quote button in the post footer. If the Quote button is not available, then the mod will not allow quote selection since it assumes that the logged in user has no permission to quote posts. Since there is no Quote button in PMs, the mod works as intended not to allow quote selection in PM.
                      Thanks for that explanation !

The question is, does PM show quoted text to be displayed as quote like in normal forum posts? If not, then allowing the mod to do quote selection in PM will be useless.
                      I'm not sure I correctly understood that.
                      Currently, I don't understand why you can't quote (or precisely, why the quote button isn't there) in PM, since quoting is possible manually via the bbcode and quoting in PM isn't irrelevant since you on long PM you want to be able to access certain part of a message rather than the whole message.

On my board, apart from the users using Vbmessenger, PM manual quote are exactly the same as in threads.

How the plugin could be modified to work in PM, do you have a solution or was this just a thought (a good one !) ?

Comment

I'll check to see what it will take to update the mod to make it work in PM.
                        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I'll check to see what it will take to update the mod to make it work in PM.
                          Thank you very much, that would be awesome, my forum use the PM system a lot and it's an heavily requested feature on it
                          Cheers

Comment

Works fine on 5.5.2
                            Enjoy your coffee!
                            Thanks!

That's a known limitation, it doesn't work on touch devices
                            This will be a great addition.
                            I'll be glad to pay for this version

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                            X
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"