X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Glenn, nice you are back.

I was wondering about adding the flags icon in the postbit.

We are using vb 5.6.4

Thanks!

Comment

With recent updates from vBulletin 5, you can now show profile fields on postbit without a third-party plugin. This is done by setting "Show on Post" to Yes when creating/updating a profile field in the User Profile Field Manager and it will show on postbit.

But if you want to show icons instead of text, then you still need a plugin to do that. I just released new mods for displaying Gender icons and Country Flag icons.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hello,

Installing this caused my forum a random Invalid_profile_userid error.

An old user on my forum was deleted a few years ago on his own request. He had created a number of threads, and now we get the error "invalid_profile_userid" when trying to access the threads. I'm not sure whether this has something to do with the latest update (I run 5.7.2), but I cannot remember seeing this error

Comment

Thanks for reporting. Just to clarify the scenario, you deleted a user and his old posts show invalid_profile_userid error? Did the error occur on all topics with his posts or only some of them? Could you please post a link to the topic that used to have this issue?
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Actually, you don't need this mod anymore. It is now possible to display profile fields on postbit without a plugin by just setting "Show on Post" option to Yes when creating/updating a profile field. This feature has been added to vB5 natively in the past few versions which is several years after this mod was created. I actually have this note in the first post about this.

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
            NOTE: With recent updates from vBulletin 5, you can now show profile fields on postbit without a third-party plugin. This is done by setting "Show on Post" to Yes when creating/updating a profile field in the User Profile Field Manager and it will show on postbit.

But if you want to show icons instead of text, then you still need a plugin to do that. I just released new mods for displaying
            Gender icons and Country Flag icons on postbit.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Yes, you are right. After I deleted a user or after I merged 2 users this error appear.

I tried to ad the custom field without a third-party plugin but I failed.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	126
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	28194

Comment

Originally posted by tenis View Post
                I tried to ad the custom field without a third-party plugin but I failed.
                The Show on Post is correctly set to Yes in your screenshot. What is exactly not working? If user has not filled out the profile field in their Profile settings, it would not show it on postbit by design.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"