X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid Mod User Social Network Icons in Postbit

This vBulletin 5 modification displays user's social network profile links in postbit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	110.5 KB ID:	16050

Features:
    1. Admins have ability to choose from up to 20 social networks and can selectively choose which social network icons to enable. Available social networks are:
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • Pinterest
      • Vimeo
      • LinkedIn
      • Snapchat
      • Twitch
      • WhatsApp
      • Paypal.Me
      • Patreon
      • Github
      • Code Pen
      • Medium
      • Reddit
      • Slack
      • TeamSpeak
      • SoundCloud
      • Discord
      • Tiktok
    2. Uses existing Profile Fields feature to enable users to fill out the social network profile links in their User Settings. Profile fields not set by users will not show up in postbit.
    3. Uses Font Awesome icons, the most popular font and icon toolkit based on CSS.
    4. Uses Product XML to install this mod. No editing of templates or source code necessary.
    5. Easily configurable settings in AdminCP:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	108.9 KB ID:	16051

Demo:
    Please see my postbit on this site. If you are a member of this forum, you could add your own social networks in your User Setttings and they will show up in your postbit.

You can also watch the below screencast demo:

Compatibility:
    • Compatible with vB5 and 6 (self-hosted)
    • Not compatible with vBCloud.

Version History:
    v1.1
    • Added Tiktok and Discord icons.
    • PHP 8 compatibility
    • Upgraded Font Awesome Icons from 5.6.3 to 6.1.1.

v1.0
    • Initial version.

Price 1:

$35 (with vbmods.rocks branding in the footer)

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Price 2:

$60
    ($35 base price + $25 branding-free)

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Need help or not comfortable installing this mod? Purchase the installation service below:

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!

Want to pay using Credit/Debit Card? Contact us and we will send you an invoice where you can use your own card.

Last edited by glennrocksvb; 10-31-2023, 10:31 PM. Reason: Added vB6 compatibility
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

I should know not to ask this, but do you have anything like this for cloud users?

Comment

Thanks for your interest Mitch. It's better to ask than not asking and not knowing what's possible for vBCloud.

It is possible to do this in vBCloud but it may be too slow especially if there are a lot of user profile fields involved. vBCloud version requires Javascript solution which, after the page has loaded, would call the server to fetch the social icons for each user in a thread. So in a 15 posts per page in a thread with 15 unique users , there would be 15 individual ajax calls to the server to fetch the data per user. Those are expensive calls that may affect performance.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

You are right it never hurts to ask. I think for me i’ll pass i’m not one to slow things up

Comment

Installed....... by Glenn... perfect... ROCKS!

Comment

Could this work say for just one user’s postbit or a couple admins on cloud without sacrificing performance?

not sure wide but say for a few people at most who wouldn’t all be posting in the same thread

Comment

Watching

Comment

Originally posted by pgreenway View Post
                Could this work say for just one user’s postbit or a couple admins on cloud without sacrificing performance?

not sure wide but say for a few people at most who wouldn’t all be posting in the same thread
                I could add a usergroup option to allow only certain usergroups to have this on their postbit.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hey Glenn, I would like to echo the request that it would be nice to have this with a usergroup option so we can select which user groups can take advantage of this. Then something like this would make sense to purchase for sure.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. I will look into it.
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Sweet, thanks Glenn.

Comment

Aside from being able to assign usergroups in this tool. How difficult would it be to allow buyers of this plugin to add additional Fields and Icons for other sites we may want to incorporate ? The sites may or may not be social based but I cannot see that being an issue.

With those two items added to this plugin would make it fantastic, a definite purchase.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                          glennrocksvb commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'll take a look.

Cheers Glenn !

Comment

Hi Glen!
                          A pre-sale question. Please is it possible for users to share to the various social profiles? I have 5.6.4 installed and there's facebook and twitter that share by default

Comment

Released v1.1 to add Discord and Tiktok icons and add support for PHP 8. Please check version history in the first post for more details.

If you've purchased this mod, you will receive an email containing the download link.
                            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                            X
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"