X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Glenn,

We are trying to use this mod on our forum (vb 6.0.2). We have encountered two issues.

1) No icons appear on the postbit. We have added the fields per the readme and ensured that they are active in the mod options.
    2) Enabling the mod causes alignment issues with several icons across the forum, mostly around the post editor. These alignment issues occur regardless of theme or browser. Examples below:
    Normal:
    ​​
    W/ mod activated:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	2.7 KB ID:	28839
    Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the purchase and for reporting the issue. Could you post or PM me the URL of your forum so I can Inspect the issue?
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Issue #2 is surprising for me. It shouldn't affect alignment issues to other elements on the page especially the unrelated ones.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried installing this mod in vB 6.0.2 and I didn't see any alignment issues.

Random Encounter, did you enter the field ID correctly in the mod settings? You should enter "fieldXXX" (without quotes). For example field13 and not just 13. Did you also select Yes to enable each social network?

As an aside, since vB6 has Font Awesome by default, you need to select Yes for the "Already using Font Awesome Brand Icons?" option to avoid duplicate Font Awesome CSS.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          Random Encounter, did you enter the field ID correctly in the mod settings? You should enter "fieldXXX" (without quotes). For example field13 and not just 13. Did you also select Yes to enable each social network?

As an aside, since vB6 has Font Awesome by default, you need to select Yes for the "Already using Font Awesome Brand Icons?" option to avoid duplicate Font Awesome CSS.
          Thanks for following up! Yes, we enabled the social networks for the fields we put in. We also put in field# for each respective network, as advised. As for the Font Awesome option, we left it as No because we did not already have it installed prior to installing this mod.

EDIT: URL is https://valiantgamers.com/
          We've enabled the mod for now so you can review.

Comment

I'm sorry to double-post, but my previous post was flagged as spam. I can confirm now that turning on the Font Awesome option fixed the alignment problem. The fields we defined are also working. Thank you so much for your help!

Suggestion, though: can the Discord field be changed either to accept just the account ID number or the name? There's no readily available way for a user to get the URL to their profile like in other apps.

Comment

I approved your post. It was flagged because you don't have enough post count to post links.

Choosing Yes or No for the Already using Font Awesome Brand Icons?" option should work. But for vB6, it is recommended to set it to Yes since by default vB6 uses Font Awesome for all its icons. Setting it to No should still work but it will download the Font Awesome CSS twice which is a waste and not necessary.

As for the Discord Profile link, I don't use Discord but googling it, I see that it's Discord's problem and a lot of Discord users were requesting/complaining Discord to have a direct Discord profile link

They suggested to use this format: https://discordapp.com/users/<userid> but it seems it would only work if you share a server with the user the link points to.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"