X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect this would be a huge benefit for those on a shared server.

I have a site on a dedicated VPS and notice a dramatic improvement to memory size whenever I clear system cache manually, about 8% when I clear it weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by NumNum View Post
      I suspect this would be a huge benefit for those on a shared server.
      It has been a huge benefit for my forum. Cleared up the issues we had prior. I could not be more pleased with Clear System Cache.

Comment

Hello Glenn,

Do I need this mod if I use Memcache?

Is it automatically set for a regular time with no interference from me or admins?

Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhorse View Post
          It doesn't matter if you use Memcache or not. If you find yourself consistently clearing system cache manually for whatever reason, then you might need this mod.

Is it automatically set for a regular time with no interference from me or admins?
          Yes, it is run using the existing Scheduled Tasks system.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
          Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

We used Memcache and it worked well for a year. Then we moved to another hosting site and within a week we were having constant issues. Nothing much changed other than moving to the new host. We were still running approximately the same amount of new content daily, approximately a thousand new posts daily, Memcache was set to do exactly what it was set to do prior, yet we received notices from the new company daily and we had to hand-use Memcache daily. We saw some good reviews on this mod and decided to give it a shot. Best decision we could have made. No more memory issues. No more notices from the new hosting company.

I am a happy camper, as is is my forum. I don't think anyone can go wrong using this mod. It's a huge asset for a very small price. FWIW

Comment

Originally posted by -merzi View Post

We used Memcache and it worked well for a year. Then we moved to another hosting site and within a week we were having constant issues. Nothing much changed other than moving to the new host. We were still running approximately the same amount of new content daily, approximately a thousand new posts daily, Memcache was set to do exactly what it was set to do prior, yet we received notices from the new company daily and we had to hand-use Memcache daily. We saw some good reviews on this mod and decided to give it a shot. Best decision we could have made. No more memory issues. No more notices from the new hosting company.

I am a happy camper, as is is my forum. I don't think anyone can go wrong using this mod. It's a huge asset for a very small price. FWIW
              Thanks for the nice review of this mod, -merzi! I'm glad this mod helps your forum!
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thank you so much, -merzi , glennrocksvb. I will try it soon

Comment

Thanks for your interest in this mod Blackhorse.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Purchased, I can see this one being very useful.

Comment

Bought.
                      It really helps.
                      Thank you!

Some information:

This mod helps me to fix some error on my forum., it happens on this forum too.

The search module, at some point in time when clicking on a link (recent posts) produced an error - the search time is expired.

Earlier, clearing the cache once a day solved this problem, now cleaning is performed automatically by this mod once an hour, that completely solves this trouble.

Thanks again!

Comment

glennrocksvb It seems your fetchapp download is broken. Downloads are not sent after successful payment.

Comment

Thanks it was easy to install

Comment

Originally posted by emo View Post
                            Thanks it was easy to install
                            Thinking about buying this. But with Glenn no longer offering install and customer support...im skeptical. What was the process for install? Does it require any work in the cpanel?

Comment

• tobor
                              tobor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Your host should be able to set that cron job to run and clear the table weekly, and most importantly for free.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                          X
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"