X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid Mod vB5 Clear System Cache Cron

In some cases you need to clear system cache in AdminCP once in a while to reduce the size of cache tables. Worry no more! This vBulletin 5 cron plugin runs scheduled task to automate the manual clearing of system cache using Maintenance > Clear System Cache in AdminCP.

Once this plugin is installed, "Clear System Cache" task will appear in the Scheduled Task Manager and will run according to the schedule. By default, the task runs every hour on the hour. Like in any other task, you can edit the schedule if you want.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	15.9 KB ID:	12699

Compatibility:
    • Compatible with vB5 and 6 (self-hosted)
    • Not compatible with vBCloud.

Price 1:

$10 (with vbmods.rocks branding in the footer)

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Price 2:

$35
    ($10 base price + $25 branding-free)

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Need help or not comfortable installing this mod? Purchase the installation service below:

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!

Want to pay using Credit/Debit Card? Contact us and we will send you an invoice where you can use your own card.

Last edited by glennrocksvb; Today, 02:50 PM.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Does this mod empty the cache and cachevents tables?

Comment

It exactly does what Clear System Cache in AdminCP does.
      Last edited by glennrocksvb; 09-10-2018, 06:56 AM.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

This works fantastic. Worth every penny

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Awesome, installed!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              glennrocksvb commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for purchasing!

glennrocksvb

Glenn, thanks so much for Clear System Cache. It's working perfectly for us, and I highly recommend it for anyone who is getting grief from their host about their ever-growing system cache. We have never gotten a good answer from the host about how this growth is happening, but now it is moot as your Clear System Cache is a lifesaver for us. Again, thank you!!!

-merzi/Forumania.com

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              glennrocksvb commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the nice feedback. Glad this cron mod helps your forum minimize database size.

You totally came through for us. Dale is quite happy, too.

Comment

Thanks, Glenn

Comment

You're welcome lottidah!

sexy hugh jackman GIF
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

We can't use this as we are on Cloud but could I ask how often the cache should be manually cleared?

Comment

I don't have to clear cache on this site. Although I do once in a while. Maybe someone who does this regularly can chime in.
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

This is an issue I have been having since upgrading to VB5, our hosts claim I shouldn't have to do this very often since we started to store data as files however at peak times the site becomes inaccesable if i have forgotten to clear the cache.

We can't use memcahed as our hosts use a socket to transfer data which VB don't support.

This mod will save me no ends trouble I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by catterallwhite View Post
                        This mod will save me no ends trouble I hope.
                        It certainly did the trick for us.

We recently changed hosting companies. For reasons unknown to us, our cache grew exponentially. We were in panic mode. We changed our settings so the mod runs once an hour instead of once a day, and within seconds, all was well again and has remained so to this day.

I can't recommend this mod more highly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs.T View Post
                          We can't use this as we are on Cloud but could I ask how often the cache should be manually cleared?
                          Hi - I realize this is a very late reply, but since no one else 'answered' your question, I'll give it a shot.

I don't think there is one right answer as to how often to clear the cache. Each forum is an entity unto itself, as is the hosting company, and the cache builds up accordingly. On one host we were having to clear the cache daily to keep the place working well. We moved to another hosting company and had to set up to clear the cache every hour.

IMO, the very best answer as to how often to clear the cache is, as often as you need to in order to keep your forum running optimally.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                          X
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"