Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tobor
    commented on 's reply
    Your host should be able to set that cron job to run and clear the table weekly, and most importantly for free.

• Fleet
    replied
    Originally posted by emo View Post
    Thanks it was easy to install
    Thinking about buying this. But with Glenn no longer offering install and customer support...im skeptical. What was the process for install? Does it require any work in the cpanel?

Leave a comment:

• emo
    replied
    Thanks it was easy to install

Leave a comment:

• PIVX
    replied
    glennrocksvb It seems your fetchapp download is broken. Downloads are not sent after successful payment.

Leave a comment:

• elektro-kot
    replied
    Bought.
    It really helps.
    Thank you!

Some information:

This mod helps me to fix some error on my forum., it happens on this forum too.

The search module, at some point in time when clicking on a link (recent posts) produced an error - the search time is expired.

Earlier, clearing the cache once a day solved this problem, now cleaning is performed automatically by this mod once an hour, that completely solves this trouble.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• panzerscope
    replied
    Purchased, I can see this one being very useful.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Thanks for your interest in this mod Blackhorse.

Leave a comment:

• Blackhorse
    replied
    Thank you so much, -merzi , glennrocksvb. I will try it soon

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Originally posted by -merzi View Post

We used Memcache and it worked well for a year. Then we moved to another hosting site and within a week we were having constant issues. Nothing much changed other than moving to the new host. We were still running approximately the same amount of new content daily, approximately a thousand new posts daily, Memcache was set to do exactly what it was set to do prior, yet we received notices from the new company daily and we had to hand-use Memcache daily. We saw some good reviews on this mod and decided to give it a shot. Best decision we could have made. No more memory issues. No more notices from the new hosting company.

I am a happy camper, as is is my forum. I don't think anyone can go wrong using this mod. It's a huge asset for a very small price. FWIW
    Thanks for the nice review of this mod, -merzi! I'm glad this mod helps your forum!

Leave a comment:

• -merzi
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackhorse View Post
    Do I need this mod if I use Memcache?
    We used Memcache and it worked well for a year. Then we moved to another hosting site and within a week we were having constant issues. Nothing much changed other than moving to the new host. We were still running approximately the same amount of new content daily, approximately a thousand new posts daily, Memcache was set to do exactly what it was set to do prior, yet we received notices from the new company daily and we had to hand-use Memcache daily. We saw some good reviews on this mod and decided to give it a shot. Best decision we could have made. No more memory issues. No more notices from the new hosting company.

I am a happy camper, as is is my forum. I don't think anyone can go wrong using this mod. It's a huge asset for a very small price. FWIW

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    It doesn't matter if you use Memcache or not. If you find yourself consistently clearing system cache manually for whatever reason, then you might need this mod.

Is it automatically set for a regular time with no interference from me or admins?
    Yes, it is run using the existing Scheduled Tasks system.

Leave a comment:

• Blackhorse
    replied
    Hello Glenn,

Is it automatically set for a regular time with no interference from me or admins?

Thanx

Leave a comment:

• -merzi
    replied
    Originally posted by NumNum View Post
    I suspect this would be a huge benefit for those on a shared server.
    It has been a huge benefit for my forum. Cleared up the issues we had prior. I could not be more pleased with Clear System Cache.

Leave a comment:

• NumNum
    replied
    I suspect this would be a huge benefit for those on a shared server.

I have a site on a dedicated VPS and notice a dramatic improvement to memory size whenever I clear system cache manually, about 8% when I clear it weekly.

Leave a comment:

• -merzi
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs.T View Post
    We can't use this as we are on Cloud but could I ask how often the cache should be manually cleared?
    Hi - I realize this is a very late reply, but since no one else 'answered' your question, I'll give it a shot.

I don't think there is one right answer as to how often to clear the cache. Each forum is an entity unto itself, as is the hosting company, and the cache builds up accordingly. On one host we were having to clear the cache daily to keep the place working well. We moved to another hosting company and had to set up to clear the cache every hour.

IMO, the very best answer as to how often to clear the cache is, as often as you need to in order to keep your forum running optimally.

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
X
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"