X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree after installing 5.5.6 this is really how it should be not just drag and dropping images into the upload box

Comment

UP up Up uP

Comment

Ugh. I just updated my forum and now this plug in is useless apparently. This plug in allowed me to just drag the image in the reply field and it would show up. Now it only uploads after dragging it.

But the biggest issue is with my Firefox users. They used to be able to right click on an image and copy image. Then paste it and it would magically appear. Now it only shows up as code.

Chrome users can copy and past and image with no problems. I was told that reinstalling this plug in is pointless as its broken?

Is this plug in useless for those of you running the latest VB?

Comment

I think this mod came to an end, the site has been updated to the latest version and now it seems that the mod is not functioning even here!

i hope Glenn will come to a solution soon

Comment

The reason it does not work is because the ckeditor-rollup has been toally rewritten and does not include any reference to extraPlugins:"vblink,etc," as this line has been removed.
            Wise men say nothing Fools never listen

Comment

Originally posted by willie53 View Post
              The reason it does not work is because the ckeditor-rollup has been toally rewritten and does not include any reference to extraPlugins:"vblink,etc," as this line has been removed.
              Is there any suggestion to overcome this change and make use of this mod?

Could we add reference to extraPlugins in ckeditor-rollup?

Thank you

Comment

Well, welcome back Glenn
                glennrocksvb can this addon come vack to life?

Comment

Based on my initial findings, it seems to clash with the default vB5 drag and drop upload feature. I'll investigate further.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
                  Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                    Based on my initial findings, it seems to clash with the default vB5 drag and drop upload feature. I'll investigate further.
                    Still waiting for a solution, i had to stay on my old vb 5 5.5 for a year without update only for this feature, i have messeged you alot. I gave up and updated to latest version just one month ago.

Comment

Still figuring out a solution. This is very complicated to fix due to the existing drag and drop and other upload changes done by vB. If it was harder to make CKEditor-based mods for vB5 before, then it is much harder now with all those changes.
                      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I think this is now integrated in the version 5.6.6. I drag and drop a lot of images from my Windows 10 Desktop as attachment and it works fine for any usergroups.

Now English language is not my first language and I am not a coder so maybe I misunderstood the usage of this mod.

Comment

Yeah this mod which was created before vB implemented drag and drop upload is almost similar. The main difference is this mod also supports uploading via pasting of images. This is a big advantage since you don't have to download and save an image to your computer before you can upload to a forum post.

But this mod is broken at the moment as it conflicts with the existing drag and drop upload. I'm still figuring out how to fix it. That's why I disabled selling this mod until this is fixed.
                          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

This mod is now mostly working. The updated mod is installed here. You can now drag and drop images into the editor content itself as long as when you drag an image, your mouse pointer doesn't pass over the attachment panel containing the "Upload Attachments" and "Upload from URL" buttons. If you pass over it and the "Drop files here to upload" appears on the attachment panel, then dropping an image into the editor content will not work. But if you don't pass over the attachment panel, then drag and drop upload will work. I'm still figuring out how to fix this issue. Other than that, this mod works. And pasting images also works without issue!

I will release the fix once I completely resolve the issue. But at least it is mostly working and you can now paste images here. I missed pasting images to attach an image as it is very very convenient especially when I need to paste a screenshot in a post.

Please try and confirm if you are able to drag and drop or paste images into the editor here. Thanks!
                            Last edited by glennrocksvb; 03-03-2022, 01:26 PM.
                            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                              glennrocksvb commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Note that dropping images on the attachment panel which is the default vB5 behavior still works as is.

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                            The updated mod is installed here
                            Hello Glenn,

Where is the updated mod?

Comment

It's not ready yet. It's still a work in progress. I disabled the updated mod here after installing because I found some issues that I haven't figured out yet. It's conflicting with the default drag and drop functionality and I face a tough challenge on disabling the default behavior in order for the mod to work.
                              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                              X
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"