Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website and Email with link

Hi there,

one thing we also miss is a way to add your Website-URL and Email adresse (mailto: ) with links into your profile "about" section...

right now visitors have to copy and paste... which is quite inconvenient

Website yes but Email no. You don't want your email address to be exposed to others.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I added an extra field for custom email adress (not the one you are registered with), so everyone is free to add a mail adress. Because there are "customers" and "serverice providers" and a lot of the providers want to add this.

Comment

So.. I found the template where I could add a link to the homepage URL field... are these templates overwritten (custom child template of default) when vbulletin will be updated?

Comment

What's the template name? If it's a vBulletin default template, then you may lose your changes or you may have template merge conflicts that you would have to resolve every time you upgrade.

Aren't you using the Add Custom Profile Fields in Postbit mod? It doesn't display URLs as links yet but you can modify the custom template it is using without worrying about it on upgrades.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I changed it in the "profile_about" template of my custom style

Just changed in line 100

<div class="td">{vb:raw userInfo.homepage}</div>

into

<div class="td"><a href="{vb:raw userInfo.homepage}" target="_blank">{vb:raw userInfo.homepage}</a></div>

And yes, I also use your Custom Profile Fields Mod... That way I added an Email-Field for example...
            But I don´t want users to give the option to add TWO homepage URLs in their profile. Unfortunetly its not possible to disable or change/customize the fields given by vbulletin. (or did I miss something?)

So I used my solution above, as long as there is no other method...

Or is there any other workaround to make the URL work as a link instead of copy/paste?

Comment

Your change will work as long as users enter a valid URL. If they omit http:// and just entered example.com then the link will not work.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thats what I was afraid of.. so I tested that. And to my surprise vbulletin does funny things with this field:

when you fill in www.example.de >>> than vbulletin automatically adds the http://
                when you fill in example.de >>> than the link is deleted after saving

But I also added a hint to fill in the correct url like http://www.example.de

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"