X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    Update: This is almost done. Just figuring out what to do when the generated discussion topic that includes the entire quoted text from the flagged post exceeds the maximum character limit for a post. I'm thinking to automatically create a reply that includes the quoted text instead of adding it in the first post. This should be done only when maximum character limit is exceeded.

What do you think?
    But a post can't contain just a quote, can it? It has to contain some outside content, too - which could put it over the limit if the flagged post was on the limit.

I don't think truncation is too bad, if the post is huge - having the discussion thread means there's space to discuss, even if the actual offense is not part of the quoted post - a forum staff member can still review the OP in situ to see what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by xyon View Post
      But a post can't contain just a quote, can it? It has to contain some outside content, too - which could put it over the limit if the flagged post was on the limit.
      Yes but I found a way to bypass it in the plugin

I don't think truncation is too bad, if the post is huge - having the discussion thread means there's space to discuss, even if the actual offense is not part of the quoted post - a forum staff member can still review the OP in situ to see what's going on.
      But as you said:
      Probably the full quote, barring any nested quoting nastiness of course. I generally visit the thread anyway to review the post in context, but it's nice to have the full content in view in the report - and it saves it for audit later if the post is deleted.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

The plugin is now available at https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...g-report-topic

I have also updated the video screencast to show the final version and not the prototype version.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Nice ! Thanks for doing this bud !

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"