X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid Mod vB6 - Disable Self Reactions for Self-Hosted and vBCloud

In vBulletin 5, you are not allowed to like your own posts. But in vB6, the Likes system was replaced by Reactions system and in the new system you are allowed to react to your own posts. If you prefer the older behavior to not allow a user to react to their own posts, then this mod is for you!

When a user attempts to react to their own post using any of the reaction emojis, it will display this error popup:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	2 Size:	69.9 KB ID:	29836

Compatibility:
    • Compatible with vBulletin 6.x (Self-Hosted and vBCloud)
    • Not compatible with vBulletin 5.x. It's not needed, anyway.

Notes:
    1. Existing reactions of a user to their own posts will stay. This mod does not change the existing reactions saved in the database.
    2. Users will still be able to remove their existing reactions from their own posts. Once removed, they will never be able to react to their own posts again.​
    3. You'll have to long-press (touch devices) or mouseover (mouse devices) to see the reactions of users. And if you click or tap an existing reaction by users, you'll add the same reaction or if it's your own reaction, then it removes your reaction. That's an existing behavior and this mod does not change it. The only change is if you click or tap an existing reaction by a user to your own post, it will not add the same reaction (as it used to be) but it will display an error popup saying you are not allowed to react to your own post.

Price:
    $10 (Branding-free)​
    Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Need help or not comfortable installing this mod? Purchase the installation service below:

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!

Want to pay using Credit/Debit Card? Contact us and we will send you an invoice where you can use your own card.

​​​​​​
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 06-08-2024, 11:45 PM.

Can the message the user sees be changed? It might be a bit fun changing the message every so often.

Comment

Yes. It's using the Phrase system.

Comment

Sold! I purchased it, could you check my order,please.

Comment

Hi, when I tried to save the phrase, I get a "There is already a phrase named 'disable_self_reactions_error'. You may not create duplicate names.", yet when I search for the phrase, it's not found. However, after testing, it seems to work perfectly. Thanks!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            That's odd. You probably clicked the Save button twice?

I changed the message to the definition of narcissism.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! Could you share the message you are using if that's ok with you?

Sure.....

Narcissism: Narcissism involves an excessive focus on oneself, often at the expense of others. True self-love involves valuing oneself while also being empathetic and considerate of others.

I'll probably change it on occasion.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"