X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, thanks.

As I said before, I am completely non-techy, so assumed this had to be installed like your other mods.

I don't know what CSS is. I'll guess I'll find out in a minute!

Comment

Where do I paste the CSS in the CSS Editor, Glenn?

In my CSS editor, the last line is numbered 116 and has this text on it: /* End Header Background */

Do I paste the CSS under this? Do I leave a gap? Or, should I post it at the top of the CSS page before line 1 which has the text on it: /* Larger Forum Titles */

thanks

Comment

You can paste it anywhere as long as it does not overwrite any existing code. But to be organized, just put it at the end. Gap is not important but for clarity and to be tidy, add an empty newline between them.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

All done and working, thanks.

It's a real tease for guests, what's under the blur....?. Sneaky stuff. Love it!

On to your next mod now.
          Last edited by Horizon; 03-04-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Hi Glenn,
            I'd like to hide all forum discussions from non-logged in members and guests, but not the actual forum channels, or the titles of the topics. I'm wondering if this mod can be extended so that the content of all posts in all forum channels are blurred, including the first post. So you would still see the channel list on the home page, and the latest topics and last posts, but if you then clicked to go into any of those discussions it would all be blurred out.

(This is going to be a private community forum; only people who live in the community are allowed to register and participate. However, I'd like people who live here but have not yet joined to not just see empty spaces; if they could see that there's a bunch of discussions happening, just not exactly what they are, they may be inclined to request membership.)

I've tried playing with the permissions such that non-logged in guests cannot see topics, or posts, but the results are unsatisfactory - it looks like an empty board.

Comment

If you set "Can View Topic Content" permission to No and "Can View Channels" to Yes (and probably "Can View Others' Topics" to Yes too) in the Channel Permissions for Unregistered/Not Logged In usergroup, then the site will not look like an empty board as they can see all the channels and the list of topics and titles but when they open a topic, they will see a no permission to view error message.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                If you set "Can View Topic Content" permission to No and "Can View Channels" to Yes (and probably "Can View Others' Topics" to Yes too) in the Channel Permissions for Unregistered/Not Logged In usergroup, then the site will not look like an empty board as they can see all the channels and the list of topics and titles but when they open a topic, they will see a no permission to view error message.
                Thanks, but I tried that. What I don't like about that is the the circled area in this image is blank (last posts are completely hidden), and yet posts show up in the "Latest Topics" sidebar, but if you click on them, they just go back to the forum index with no explanation. I would much prefer if all the last posts were displayed, and then if you click on them or the posts in the sidebar, you go into the thread and it's all grayed out. Or something like that. I don't like the default behavior with "Can View Topic Content" set to no...

Click image for larger version

Name:	lastpost.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	7966

Comment

Ok StephenK, the CSS for this mod can be tweaked to blur all the posts. You can purchase this mod and then I'll send you the CSS changes.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

OK Glenn, thanks - I'll purchase it and see how it works out. $10 is worth it just to see how you're doing it.

Comment

Hi Glenn,

I purchased the add-on but does this work for the Cloud? I can't seem to find the CSS area...

Comment

For vBCloud, you add custom CSS via Sitebuilder (Edit Site ON) > Style > CSS Editor.
                        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Perfect it works! How do I hyperlink the 'Login' and 'Register' words?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                            glennrocksvb commented
                            Editing a comment
                            With only a pure CSS solution, you can't. It needs Javascript to dynamically do that.

okay thanks, Glen!!

Comment

congratulations for this mod .. but it also works with the new version 5.4.1?

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by franuliv View Post
                              but it also works with the new version 5.4.1?
                              Yes it works in the latest version 5.4.1.
                              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                              X
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"