• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

purchased and installed it was easy I am happy

Comment

Hi Good mod
      One question before purchasing

is it possible that the user who reported the original post / thread - that it creates a thread under their username? rather than a dedicated account

reason being is we have a heldesk system where only users can interact with mods in this forum and they can post their issues and only they have access to their thread

in vb4 what happened was user reported post > thread gets created in helpdesk under their ID > we then provide them with feedback what action we have taken

if your mod gives the ability for reports to be created under their ID that be great!

Comment

I agree with Whoimi, having the report thread being started by the user who reported the post would be a useful for our forum too. But from what I understand, the user who reported it is mentioned in the report so that still lets the mods know who started the report. So that works too. I just think it would be cleaner if the report thread was started by the actual reporter.

By the way thanks for this mod. This was one of the most frustrating things about VB5 that I came across. We are currently updating VB4.2 to 5, and I thought the report function was broken because it has a place to put the the forum where you want a discussion thread started, but it just doesn't do it. After searching around I found out that the function was removed but left in the admincp. Then after looking around more I found your mod. Thanks so much for writing it. I will be purchasing it in a few weeks once we get the site working a bit better.

Comment

This mod stoped working on 5.6.2 PL1 I used it for 3 months or so please update it.

Comment

Originally posted by emo View Post
            This mod stoped working on 5.6.2 PL1 I used it for 3 months or so please update it.
            I just bought the plugin a couple of weeks ago after upgrading to 5.6.2 PL1 and it is working on my site. Maybe you just need to reinstall it?

Comment

• emo
              emo commented
              Editing a comment
              yes it is working I forgot to upload the files

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
            This vBulletin 5 plugin automatically creates a discussion topic to a designated forum channel whenever a flag report for a post is created. This has been one of the most sought after missing vBulletin 5 features that is available on older versions. You can rejoice now with the release of this mod for vB5.
            One "bug" I have found. If a specific post gets flagged more than once (say two users flag the same report) - it creates a new thread for each time it is flagged, instead of just adding subsequent reports of the same post to the original flag report thread. This can get messy if a bunch of people report the same post.

Also a couple of requests.
            1. Is there a way to subscribe the moderator(s) for that forum to the flag report thread?
            2. Can the forum name be included in the title? Like "Flag report in Software Dept: "post title"

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              glennrocksvb commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for your great suggestions. I'll look into those.

Now Glenn is back on deck I had the confidence to grab this mod.
            It's going to be great to have some of that Vbull4.x functionality back in Vbull5.x the moderator team really missed this.

Purchased 10 minutes ago, installed, configured and working well in Vbull 5.6.6

Thanks!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              glennrocksvb commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for your purchase and for confirming it works in the latest vB 5.6.6!

Originally posted by whoimi View Post
            Hi Good mod
            One question before purchasing

is it possible that the user who reported the original post / thread - that it creates a thread under their username? rather than a dedicated account

reason being is we have a heldesk system where only users can interact with mods in this forum and they can post their issues and only they have access to their thread

in vb4 what happened was user reported post > thread gets created in helpdesk under their ID > we then provide them with feedback what action we have taken

if your mod gives the ability for reports to be created under their ID that be great!
            Thanks for your suggestion. The challenge is the user who reported the post would in most cases not have permission to post in that dedicated report forum where only moderators and admins have access. You don't want regular users to be able to post there. Even if the mod programmatically creates the report, it is still governed by the permission system. The system will still prevent the mod from creating the post as it should.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
            Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
            X
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"