X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid Mod Add Channel Name in Search Result

In vBulletin 5, the channel name (e.g. forum/blog/channel/group name) is not displayed in the Search Result pages that are in Topics View. This mod fixes that and adds the channel name in Search modules, New Topics search results and other search-related pages/modules.

This mod does not require template modification like this tutorial does. Editing existing templates is not recommended as you would have to resolve potential template merge conflicts every time you upgrade.

Instructions:
    Please refer to the installation document included in the download file.

Screenshot: Click image for larger version  Name:	vB5-ACNTSR-screenshot.png Views:	1 Size:	42.2 KB ID:	123

It looks like the upcoming vB 5.3.4 has implemented this mod. In that case, this mod is no longer needed starting that version and is now no longer available for purchase here.
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 11-17-2017, 01:28 AM.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Hi Glenn,

Can't get this working. My main purpose for this mod are for the latest posts located on this page: https://www.christforums.org/Activity

I checked the hook is enabled, and cleared all caches.

Enjoy,
    William
    Last edited by William; 09-07-2016, 11:00 PM.

Comment

This mod is only for Topics view as mentioned and as shown in the screenshot. What you need is the Search Module That Rocks mod.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thank you Glenn! Glenn has amazing customer service and worked with me to get this up and running for me. I had some issues on my end and he went above and beyond for me. This is a great module and I am very happy!

Thanks again !

Comment

• NumNum
          NumNum commented
          Editing a comment
          WhooRaH!

Hey Glenn, I'm having same issue I did on the initial install. It doesnt grab the file "Product_add_channel_in_search.xml" during the import via admincp.

I do not remember how you had me do it last time.

Comment

• NumNum
          NumNum commented
          Editing a comment
          All set.

What was updated?

Comment

The mod was previously working only in desktop view. I fixed it to also work in mobile view.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by Usmcveteran8152 View Post
            Thank you Glenn! Glenn has amazing customer service and worked with me to get this up and running for me. I had some issues on my end and he went above and beyond for me. This is a great module and I am very happy!

Thanks again !
            Thanks for the good feedback! Glad you are satisfied with my product and service.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
              In vBulletin 5, the channel name (e.g. forum/blog/channel/group name) is not displayed in the Search Result pages that are in Topics View. This mod fixes that and adds the channel name in Search modules, New Topics search results and other search-related pages/modules.
              I assume this is not for vBCloud. But I'd love to get this functionality. Any suggestions?

Comment

I'll check if this can be done in vBCloud.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hi Glenn, is it possible to remove the fading effect? Thanks!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                    glennrocksvb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes but I have to modify the plugin code. It is there to minimize the "flashing" or "jumping" effect. The forum names are dynamically retrieved AFTER the page has loaded. This means the forum names are not there on page load then after few milliseconds they are inserted programmatically. Without the fading effect, the names will instantly appear and will cause jittery or jumping which may not be good to the eyes.

• Fleiding
                    Fleiding commented
                    Editing a comment
                    In that case I will leave the mod as is, thanks!

I can view the channel titles fine, but someone is reporting otherwise: https://www.christforums.org/search?...ssage%22%5D%7D

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1467.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.6 KB ID:	5164

We're both using Firefox. Though I can see they are using a smaller resolution.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                    glennrocksvb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can't see the the title on my phone. Will look further when I get to my computer.

• glennrocksvb
                    glennrocksvb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can see the forum name on desktop on your site. Maybe they have slow connection it takes time to show up?

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                  I can see the forum name on desktop on your site. Maybe they have slow connection it takes time to show up?
                  I can't repeat the issue. The mod shows up on my end. They said they're using Linux , Firefox with Wine. I am unfamiliar with it but they stated they are using a very small monitor.

Could be the connection. I'll ask them. And I'll also ask them for their screen resolution.

William

Comment

I had to google what Wine is. It says, "Wine lets you run Windows software on other operating systems like Linux and Mac OS. With Wine, you can install and run these applications just like you would on Windows."

The AJAX call for getting the forum name might be failing on this special setup. Ask them to check Javascript console for any errors. Did it work before for them and suddenly it stopped working?
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Or they may be Firefox add-ons that's interfering with the mod.

I am able to reproduce the problem on a small screen size by using my Galaxy 7 Android. The names of the forums do not appear on the screen, so I suspect that they do not also on some other smaller resolutions.

Here's an example page: https://www.christforums.org/search?...ssage%22%5D%7D

Enjoy,
                    William

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                    X
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"