X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid Mod Events Module That Rocks!

This module is an enhanced version of the default vB5 Upcoming Events module with the following additional features:
    1. Has an "Add New Event" button that allows users to quickly create a new event to a designated forum channel.
    2. Allows you to specify a designated forum channel where new events will be posted to.
    3. Integrates with Set Editor Default Content Type mod to automatically set the default content type to Event. So it's more intuitive and requires one less click to post events.
    4. Allows you to add custom HTML content above and below the events.
    This mod is packaged as a module so you can easily add it to a page via drag and drop in Sitebuilder. This also doesn't require editing existing vB templates so there's nothing to worry about template merge conflicts during upgrades.

NOTE:
    This requires another mod (Set Editor Default Content Type) for the complete functionality. This must be purchased separately.

Click image for larger version  Name:	events-module-that-rocks.png Views:	1 Size:	14.7 KB ID:	4835

Watch video screencast below:

Version History:

v1.2
    • PHP 8 compatibility

v1.1
    • Fixed missing "View Calendar" and "Add New Event" buttons when there are no upcoming events. Thanks to user "mna" for reporting this issue.
    • Added the new Module Permissions feature to restrict viewing the module by usergroup. This is exactly the same default module feature that was recently added by vBulletin.

v1.0
    • Initial release.

Price 1:

$20 (with vbmods.rocks branding in the footer)

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Price 2:

$45
    ($20 base price + $25 branding-free)

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Need help or not comfortable installing this mod? Purchase the installation service below:

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!

Want to pay using Credit/Debit Card? Contact us and we will send you an invoice where you can use your own card.

Last edited by glennrocksvb; 04-22-2022, 12:22 AM. Reason: Released v1.2
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

This is exactly what I am looking for actually! Just watching the video I can't think of any changes to make.

Comment

Originally posted by mna View Post
      This is exactly what I am looking for actually! Just watching the video I can't think of any changes to make.
      Thanks for the feedback mna . The mod is now available.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Nice job, Glenn!

Comment

Question:
          I have like 3 different user groups.

Group 1 - not allowed to create event --- Do they also see the button?
          Group 2 and 3 - are allowed to create an event. But each on a different forum sub-channel. Will this work with this mod?

Comment

1. They will see the button. I can fix it by keeping it but when in the Create New Topic page, it will show an unauthorized error message.

2. You can only specify one channel per module, otherwise it wouldn't know which channel to post the event to.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• shining
              shining commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you! I was afraid that it would be too complicated Don´t even know if they would use it... right now none of them ever used the calender or events So I thought that maybe this "call to action" could help. But don´t mind, its not really important for us.

Just found this. Great mod Glenn.

Comment

I have implemented the module permissions in the latest version 1.1 which I released 2 days ago.

I also fixed the missing "View Calendar" and "Add New Event" buttons when there are no upcoming events. Thanks to user mna for reporting this issue.

To those who've purchased this mod, please check you inbox.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Just bought this module and the default editor mod, sadly i'm getting these errors below.

Warning: Use of undefined constant view_all_text - assumed 'view_all_text' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/vhosts/xxxx/httpdocs/includes/vb5/template.php(369) : eval()'d code on line 4 Warning: Use of undefined constant add_new_event - assumed 'add_new_event' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/vhosts/xxxx/httpdocs/includes/vb5/template.php(369) : eval()'d code on line 17

Hope you know whats wrong here.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Actually, these are just "warnings" and not "errors". Do these affect the behavior of the module? If not, then there's nothing to worry about. Even the existing vB templates have warnings too. That's why there's this setting in the root config file to turn off PHP notices in template code.

PHP Code:
                  $config['no_template_notices'] = true

And besides, these warnings seem to be not my own doing but the way vB transcodes template vB syntax into PHP code causes these warnings.

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Even I have a bunch of this template warning message in my server error logs and I believe it's coming from an existing vB template and not from a mod template.

Code:
                  PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' in /xxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 87

• mv83
                  mv83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  One of the errors only apears when i activate this module.
                  The second error appears when i try to activate the add new event button which is not showing.
                  So i seems to me like it has something to do with this module.
                  Hope with this info you have an idea whats wrong.

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Where do you see the error messages? Can you post a screenshot?

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When you enabled the "Add New Event" button, did you set the "Default Forum ID for adding new event to" option? The "Add New Event" button will not show if that other option is not set because it wouldn't know which forum to add the new event to.

Yes i did enter a default Forum ID, like: 134382
                But sorry, it seems like the add new event button is showing now.
                The errors still remain on top of homepage only though

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is your forum in debug mode? Did you enable debug mode in the 2 config files?

• mv83
                  mv83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just checked, no debug mode is set to false

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your PHP settings might be configured to display PHP warnings. Try turning it off. See instructions at https://blog.domainracer.com/hide-tu...ess-cpanel.jsp

• mv83
                  mv83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks a lot, that removed the errors.

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This error should be gone in v1.2 of the mod without turning off PHP notices or warnings.

I just bought this mod. Can you tell me where to get it from?
                https://mitchysfunsite.com
                Streets FB: https://www.facebook.com/StreetVibrationsSL

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for purchasing and confirming you were able to download the mod.

Confirmed. I have bought 3 mods from you today. All work perfectly 5.6.7

Comment

Actually the custom postbit one doesn't seem to be working lol. Nothing showing up and no envelope. But again it's likely me lol

Comment

Which custom postbit one?
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The custom avatar selector mod?

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Please describe and post the issue in the correct thread and I will look into it.

I have updated this mod for PHP 8 compatibility and released it as v1.2. Customers who purchased it will receive an email containing the download link.
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                    X
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"