X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find Waldo

On our Forum we have a Topic that has 750 responses. This Topic was started early in 2010, so it's been around a long time.

When looking at the Topics listing in the Channel it resides, the unpublished posts icon is present with this Topic, and mousing over it says there are 2 unpublished post(s)

Of course, I have no idea how long that icon has been present, and so, no idea where in the 750 responses those two posts are. Is there any way short of manually going through all 50 pages (fifteen posts per page) to find them?
    The Linux Community has given me much. I do what I can to return the favor!

Bookmarked. I will check and get back to you on this.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

It appears; I think; that soft deleted posts (can be un-deleted) trigger this notice (are flagged as Unpublished Posts). I believe this because this icon appeared in a thread I started recently. I scanned the first page (there are several pages to this thread) and the last entry on the first page was a soft deleted post made by, and deleted by, one of our other Admins.

This soft deleted post was easy to find, as it was on the first page, and when I hard deleted it, the icon on the Topics listing for this thread was no longer showing.

It would still be useful if one could search for these, again, so one doesn't have to manually search page by page for them.

Comment

In Message Center, there is a "Deleted Items" folder. it contains all deleted posts in different topics. You should be able to identify the topic the deleted post belongs to by the topic title link specified.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

That's something I didn't know! I went through all the deleted items, permanently deleting all that were made by 'guest'. When done, there was still 1 unpublished post in the Topic. I when through the deleted items again, making sure I hadn't missed any other 'guest' posts. There were none.

So there is still 'a post' that vBulletin is saying is unpublished in that Topic.

Added:

Removing ALL the 'soft' deleted items has removed the 1 unpublished post.

Comment

Try clearing system cache in AdminCP. If that doesn't work, try running "Remove Orphan Posts" and "Remove Orphan Topics" in Maintenance > Diagnostics.
            ​"
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              Removing ALL the 'soft' deleted items has removed the 1 unpublished post.
              Glad it's fixed.

Now it's time to find the real Waldo 😁
              waldo GIF
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"