X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleteing from text table

unfortunately, I host my site with Godaddy, so it's stucking alot.

I'm trying to delete some tags used since vb4, so I'm using this query in phpmyadmin:
    UPDATE `text` SET `rawtext` = REPLACE(`rawtext`, '[color="indigo"]', '') WHERE `rawtext` LIKE '%[color="indigo"]%' COLLATE utf8mb4_bin

But it couldn't be done as it's alot, and the server stuck for a while.

Question:
    Can I do it using ssh? if yes then how and how I can delete anything between Brackets ( and starts with and chrachter)

Regards​

How many records to be deleted? You can do it in batches.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

a lot and different ones.

Comment

I'm looking for numbers like thousands or millions to gauge how long would the delete query approximately take
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

total maybe more than thousand or so.

Comment

The query shouldn't take that long to process if it's just thousands. But you could limit the affected rows to delete in batches. For example:

DELETE FROM table
            WHERE ...
            LIMIT 100

Of course, you'll have to backup the database before performing the deletions.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Really I don't know how to do this.

Comment

Sorry, it should be UPDATE and not DELETE. I thought were doing delete. Just add LIMIT to the end of your existing UPDATE query.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

May I know what the query is exactly?

Comment

Appreciate your help, I followed what you said and it works.

Thank you.

Comment

BTW,
                      Pleasee take a look to theses:

<table style='filter:shadow'><font color="#3457E4" size="6">
                      <table style='filter:glow'><font color="#3457E4" size="6">
                      <table style='filter:shadow'><font color="#FFFFFF" size="6">
                      <table style='filter:glow'><font color="#FFFFFF" size="6">
                      <table style='filter:glow'><font color="#FFFFFF" size="6">
                      <font color="#3457E4" size="5"><b><marquee direction="right">

There're are hundereds of these, How I can run a query for them once?
                      ​

Comment

For <marquee>, just replace it with <div> and the closing tag </marquee> with </div>
                        Code:
                        UPDATE `text` SET `rawtext` = REPLACE(`rawtext`, '<marquee ', '<div '),`rawtext` = REPLACE(`rawtext`, '<\/marquee>', '<\/div>') WHERE `rawtext` LIKE '%<marquee %' LIMIT 1;
                        Limit the query to 1 record first to see if it works. Then increase it after confirming it's working.

For <table> with filter and <font>, you can keep them in the database but override the style using the below custom CSS in css_additional.css template:

Code:
                        table[style*="filter"] {
                            filter: none;
                        }
                        font {
                            color: inherit;
                            font-size: inherit;
                        }
                        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                          For <marquee>, just replace it with <div> and the closing tag </marquee> with </div>
                          Code:
                          UPDATE `text` SET `rawtext` = REPLACE(`rawtext`, '<marquee ', '<div '),`rawtext` = REPLACE(`rawtext`, '<\/marquee>', '<\/div>') WHERE `rawtext` LIKE '%<marquee %' LIMIT 1;
                          Limit the query to 1 record first to see if it works. Then increase it after confirming it's working.
                          [/code]
                          It didn't delete the word marquess if it comes alone.

For <table> with filter and <font>, you can keep them in the database but override the style using the below custom CSS in css_additional.css template:

Code:
                          table[style*="filter"] {
                          filter: none;
                          }
                          font {
                          color: inherit;
                          font-size: inherit;
                          }
                          I didn't try it yet, but if I can deleted it, it'll be better.

Thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by abd View Post
                            It didn't delete the word marquess if it comes alone.
                            What do you mean "if it comes alone"? Could you give a sample post?

Originally posted by abd View Post
                            I didn't try it yet, but if I can deleted it, it'll be better.
                            Using that CSS code is "safer". There is a risk of losing/messing up the parts of a post in deleting those tags in the database. If a post happens to have parts of those text outside of HTML tags, then they will also be inadvertently deleted. Or if, for example, the ending tag </font> was deleted but the opening tag <font> was not, then it may break the layout of the entire page because the end tag was missing and the subsequent HTML tags had become the child tag of the <font> tag.

If there was a way to reset the <marquee> tag's scrolling behavior with CSS, I would have also suggested a CSS solution. But it's not possible, that's why I tried posting the SQL solution to replace it with <div> tag.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thanks,
                              1- All those tag used in ver 3 and 4( for Arabic use)
                              2- Unfortunately I deleted all (marquee) tags.
                              3- About table, you're right so I deleted </font> and any similar tags like [/color] / [/size]
                              4- the problem was with like these example:
                              A- [FONT="Garamond"] - [FONT="Arial Black"]
                              B- [SIZE="3"] - [SIZE="4"] - [SIZE="6"]
                              C- [COLOR="#40E0D0"]- [COLOR="24433E"]-[COLOR="175928"]

And Also
                              <table style='filter:shadow'><font color="#3457E4" size="6">
                              <table style='filter:glow'><font color="#3457E4" size="6">​​

So if I can run the Update query for every kind of tag bassed on what between barkets, like [COLOR="#40E0D0"] to be [COLOR="??????"] and so on.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                              X
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"