• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Search page slow to load

vBulletin Version:

PHP Version:

Database Version:

Issue Description: (Include error message(s), if any)
    - No errors, it's just that since upgrading to 5.7.2, the Advance Search page takes much longer to load. It was almost instantaneous prior.

Affected Browser(s):
    - Safari (iMAC Big Sur) and Firefox (Kubuntu 22.10). Haven't tried any others.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Click on Advanced Search
    Expected Result:
    - Quick load of the page

Actual Result: (Include screenshot(s), if possible)
    - On initial attempt; first time after launching browser; it takes over 5-seconds for the page to load. Subsequent attempts are faster, but still slower than before our upgrade to 5.7.2

I'm just curious if you are, or have, seen this, and if you are/have, what is/was the cause?
    The Linux Community has given me much. I do what I can to return the favor!

I just upgraded this forum to 5.7.2 last night and I don't see this issue here. I checked your site and I can see a Search Module below the Advanced Search form. Was that already there before the upgrade?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

And the Search Module shows 623 results. That's why it takes time to load the page because it's performing search on load.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
        I checked your site and I can see a Search Module below the Advanced Search form. Was that already there before the upgrade?
        Yes, as far as I know, that has always been the case. Your site here also has the same.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 2.02.05 PM.png
Views:	84
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	26146Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 2.04.12 PM.png
Views:	69
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	26147

And the Search Module shows 623 results. That's why it takes time to load the page because it's performing search on load.
        Where do you see that? When I click on Advanced Search and the page finally loads, I don't see any 'results', and I wouldn't expect to, as I haven't searched on anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          Where do you see that? When I click on Advanced Search and the page finally loads, I don't see any 'results', and I wouldn't expect to, as I haven't searched on anything yet.
          Okay, I see what you are referring to. At the bottom of the loaded search page there is an expandable Search. Is that 'module' normal? I didn't add it. Regardless, how does one empty it's contents?

Comment

Someone must have added the Search module at the bottom on your forum. Default vB5 installation doesn't have it. Advanced Search page only contains the search form.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Enable Sitebuilder on that page, click Edit Page and then remove the Search Module at the bottom
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Someone must have added the Search module at the bottom on your forum.
                I edited the page and removed the module. Once it saved (took a bit; clearing out the saved searches?), clicking on Advanced Search results in an almost instantaneous page load, as expected.

While I don't remember editing this page and adding the module, that it isn't part of vB5, I must have done so. However, our vB5 was an upgrade from vB4. Could it have been present in vB4 and carried into vB5? No matter, having deleted the module from the page resolves my question.

Thank you for the feedback. It gave me what I needed to resolve my question.

Comment

Weirdness going on. I'm not saying that removing the search module on that page is causal, but nearly every page I navigate to is slow to load. Even loading up our site 'initially' is slow. I've already cleared the system cache; twice; but this slowness remains. This slowness is not normal for our site, and it wasn't like this prior to upgrading to 5.7.2. Rebuilding the search index now.

Comment

No, it wouldn't have carried over from vB4.
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                      Rebuilding the search index now.
                      This appears to have significantly improved things. Page changes are quick.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                      X
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"