Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glenn, will this be made into a mod, or are you waiting for the bug that Snowhog has reported to be fixed?

Comment

The mod has been done ever since it was installed here and when the unread vB5 bug was discovered. It would be ideal for the existing vB5 bug to be fixed before releasing this mod to the public but I can release it if you are ok with the bug unfixed yet. To minimize the occurrence of the bug, set the "Database Marking Limit" option to a higher value. Please see my post (post #12) for more details of this option..
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• WielerArchieven
        WielerArchieven commented
        Editing a comment
        Guess it would be better to wait for the bug to be fixed. But guess it’s kinda hard to predict how long it would take?

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the challenge, it's hard to predict how long it would take for them to consider the bug for fixing and to implement the fix. I'm guessing this would take a long time.

• WielerArchieven
        WielerArchieven commented
        Editing a comment
        Figure that would be the case, as I work in software support myself I know all about some of these small issues ending up on the back burner.

Either way no problem for me to make it in a mod before the bug is solved. Can test it on a copy I have running locally of my forums, with the Database Marking Limit you mentioned. My forum has sub forums

Originally posted by WielerArchieven View Post
      Either way no problem for me to make it in a mod before the bug is solved.
      Here you go...

Recreating the vB3/vB4 feature in vB5 to allow user to quickly mark a forum channel read by simply double-clicking the forum icon. Compatibiility: vB5 (self-hosted) with PHP 7 or 8. Not compatible with vBCloud but it's possible to create a vBCloud version. Demo: Go to Homepage of this forum and double-click a forum icon with
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
      X
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"