Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Forums, sub-forums & posting topics

Hi Glenn,

I think I may have found a way to solve my *split into groups from start problem*

However When I set up a forum in the CP~ & than also set up a sub-forum... I find no option to create a post.

Am i missing something ?

I want to set up a number of Sub-forums ~ to which I later want to create posts.

In the posting options section of the CP~ there are 2 options > act a channel or not. The Yes option allows for creation of topics BUT the NO option... makes a sub-channel > just as I want... and so....

If i chose the yes option and then create posts ~ which I then try to convert into a sub-channel, I am told that I can't convert to a sub-channel if it contains posts.

What to do ?

When you select No for Acts as Channel option, it acts as a category. Categories can't directly contain posts. It can only contain channels which contain posts.

Code:
    Category 1
       |___ Channel 1
                |___ Topic 1
                |___ Topic 2
       |___ Channel 2
                |___ Topic 1
                |___ Topic 2
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thanks Glenn,
      Sorted now, BUT I wish the system would label better, instead of just channels there, when making 1 to Show Category... there too.

Anyway a different sort of category question BUT regarding the profile pages ?
      Currently~ there are 4 tabs~ activities, subscribed, about & media ~ BUT only tab-activities shows an Editor above a posting option.

I as you know, am trying to to solve a 1st post question AND thinking that another tab~ 1st post *in* the profile section might allow for that, since ALL new user will be held in moderation BEFORE being allowed to post on the Quorum.

What do you think?

Comment

The editor in the Activities tab is for Visitor Messages not for forum posting.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I wasn't think of it as a forum post as such, more like a private 1st response to a post on the Quorum. A private response that will only be seen once permissions are granted.

Comment

When you approved an account for moderation, an email confirmation is sent to the user. You could include in the email to reply to the message or send you a PM or whatever you want them to do.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Morning Glenn,

I've just set up a new membership to test just what happens.

This is what I got : Thank you for registering Your account has been submitted for moderation by an administrator and will be activated shortly. You will be notified by email when this happens. To go to the home page, click here.

As far as that goes all is fine BUT~ I would like to include ( since a *click here* option is already part of that return registration form ) *all* of the 'conditionals' that would, upon the clicks chosen, identify and therefore divide @that point ~the prospective member into the correct section of the Quorum.

I realise that that return email *will* prove to a lengthly one BUT~ Since none will get to that stage without 1st having at least taken a look at the Quorum *where* a duplicate of that email will be...AS a 1st post... it will not come as a shock to them BUT~ be understood for what it's intent is.

All of that however, if indeed possible in the 1st place *will* be to no avail IF~ as is currently allowed upon registering ( even when sent to the moderation slot ) they are still allowed to bypass the BLUR on all posts Modification.

It defeats the prime objective~ They read and respond 1st ...JUST... to that Force read POST.... AND in a Channel set up just for that response.
              BUT~ all without 1st seeing ( so allowing for cribbing off others responses )......the unique responses I want from EVERYONE that becomes a member, regardless of which section they end up agreeing to be put into.

AND yes it does need to be a Duplicate~ since it *is* also a legal accord between both parties~ Quorum & members & so each part of that accord will need to clicked BEFORE proceeding to become an active and therefore a legally CONFIRMED participant to both intent of Quorum and It's agreed to partner members.

Not sure if I can make it any clearer than that. BUT~ if still not clear, you Glenn ( and any others ) please do not hesitate to say so.

My Whole endeavour Depends upon resolving this issue. Can not open without a satisfactory solution PERIOD !

Comment

Originally posted by O i O -U too View Post
                All of that however, if indeed possible in the 1st place *will* be to no avail IF~ as is currently allowed upon registering ( even when sent to the moderation slot ) they are still allowed to bypass the BLUR on all posts Modification.
                The blur code needs to be updated to also apply to all posts and users in awaiting moderation usergroup. Currently, the blur code on your site only applies to guests and for particular channels and posts.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Good evening Glenn,

Thanks for that, I was hoping it would be something like that. Perhaps we can sort that out next time we speak ?

What about the rest of it ?

I see too~ other possibilities down in the signature box~ Is it possible to both add those clickable items, ( as you have done ) AND still allow the member to add his or her own signature.? OR perhaps FORCE a signature upon them UNTIL a specified number of post made ?

For example~ instead of buy me a coffee, A buy yourself a coffee, with the donation going straight to their Paypal POOL of choice. ?

Given that there are 5/6 POOLs for them to select and join it would mean in effect That as you have done * Helpful / donate & Thanks * be each a different link to the Pools.

Coffee for *U* on the way

OH yes 1 other thing~ I have as you know the Force read mod BUT is it possible to extend or make a mod that *is* a Force 1st post mod ?

The reason I ask is because I notice that any PRIVATE Channel *is* not viewable by those in the moderation que ~ so perhaps their 1st post could be in a private sections channel AND have ALL posts Blurred UNTIL 1st post made ?

It's not that I don't want the new members to see the responses made by members, JUST that I don't want them to see those 1st responses UNTIL they have made their own response.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"