Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Js/Jquery Errors on Dev Console

Hey guys,

So I am still learning the language when it comes to identifying the cause of particular issues, but I was checking the Dev console and on my home page I am getting these errors as per the screenshot attachment.

Any ideas on what these are referring to ? I can see the term ''Style'' reference so is this a style template issue ?

Furthermore of any typical thread I also get the following errors as per the attached screenshot. Any enlightenment would be highly appreciated.

Thread page errors

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thread Console Errors.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	18082

Home page Errors

Name:	Homepage Console Errors.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	18081

jQuery library failed to load causing errors from other scripts that depend on it. Did you change the jQuery location option in AdminCP?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      jQuery library failed to load causing errors from other scripts that depend on it. Did you change the jQuery location option in AdminCP?
      To my knowledge, no. I have a colleague that has been assisting me, I will check with him. However just so I can check, what is the default location of the jQuery so I can look it up and AdminCP and verify ?

Cheers.

Comment

Custom Remote jQuery Path: https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/lib.../jquery.min.js
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thanks for that bud, well looking in AdminCP at the ''Use Remote jQuery'' option, the drop down is set to jQuery, I tried with the custom URL as well as selecting Google or Microsoft from the drop down, but upon page refreshing after saving those settings I am still getting those errors.

I am hoping to fix this without bothering my colleague too much due to his work schedule at the moment, was hoping for a simple fix...is there ever such a thing haha. Is there anything else I can try ?

Comment

Also seeing there are different version of Ajax jQuery out there, What is the correct one for VB5.5.1 ? I have tried some other versions which do not fix the issue but give me more errors or a deprecation warning (When using a later version)

Comment

It would be easier for you to just post or PM a link to your forum.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

It is extremehw.net. Forum is closed at the moment but if you need an account let me know. But you can still browse to the site.

Thanks again

Comment

You have these inside the <head> tag.
                  HTML Code:
                  <html>
                      <head>
                          <meta name="msvalidate.01" content="AA47AA258ACB84CA14328881EFFB495F" />
                          <title>ExtremeHW</title>

<!--[if IE]>
                  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=38&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=css_b_modal_banner.css&amp;ts=1554570097 " />
                  <link class="js-additional-css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=38&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=css_additional.css&amp;ts=1554570097 " />
                  <![endif]-->
                  <!--[if !IE]><!-->
                  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=38&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=css_b_modal_banner.css&amp;ts=1554570097 " />
                  <link class="js-additional-css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=38&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=css_additional.css&amp;ts=1554570097 " />
                  <!--<![endif]-->

</head>
                      <body>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/privacy-consent-banner.js?v=551"></script>
                  </body>
                  </html>
                  Did you add it for the Bing Ownership Verification? You should never ever add <html>, <head> and <body> tags anywhere as the page already has them. If you want to enable Bing Ownership Verification, you should only add this <meta> tag similar to what you did for Google Ownership Verification:

HTML Code:
                  And the jQuery error (at least for guests) is caused by including the js/privacy-consent-banner.js?v=551 JS file which requires jQuery and jQuery is not yet available at that point as it is included later at the bottom of the page. That privacy consent JS should never be added manually as it is already being added by the system at the bottom of the page right before the end of the </body> tag.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hey Glenn,

Many thanks for the <Heads> up on that one, sorry I had to do it. I have removed the <html>, <head> and <body> tags from my Bing Search Engine tools box I am left with the following

Code:
                    <title>ExtremeHW</title>
                    As per your last post, can I assume that the "<title>ExtremeHW</title>" element is unnecessary ?

So far making those changes have remedied all the errors I was seeing, even as a guest I am no longer seeing the errors I was seeing before which is a bonus. The privacy consent banner was something we have not changed, not unless the theme I am using made this change ? Again though, looking at the dev console as a guest and when this pop up appears, I am now seeing no errors.

Thanks again !

Comment

Glad to help. You also need to remove the title tag. The page already has it.
                      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thanks bud, I have removed it.

I am in the process of re-enabling the products one by one and then testing to see for any issues, I did notice that when when monitoring the Dev console, upon dropping an image into the CKEditor (but not yet submitting) enabled by your drop and drag product, I get the following error, though the image does insert just fine if I submit it and functionality is not affected. Any idea what is doing that ?

Name:	Drag n Drop Error.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	18119

Comment

I checked the previous versions and it looks like starting vB 5.4.3 or 5.4.4, they removed the "images" folder under "moono" folder. That close.png (X icon) is referenced by ckeditor-rollup-551.js but it has been removed. I still have the "moono/images" folder on this site as I never deleted existing files whenever I upgrade. You can copy mine if you want and create "images" folder on your server and upload it there.
                          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I checked the previous versions and it looks like starting vB 5.4.3 or 5.4.4, they removed the "images" folder under "moono" folder. That close.png (X icon) is referenced by ckeditor-rollup-551.js but it has been removed. I still have the "moono/images" folder on this site as I never deleted existing files whenever I upgrade. You can copy mine if you want and create "images" folder on your server and upload it there.
                            Thanks, that fixed that one nicely ! Will be sending you a hot coffee shortly

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                            X
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"