Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logging Out Issues

Hey guys,

Something I am noticing with my new VB site on VB 5.5.1. When I switch over to my VPN, my site will log me out, is there a way to stop this from happening ? Only my VB Site is doing this, any other site I happen to be logged into remains logged in even when my IP changes. Does VB security automatically boot you out if your IP changes ?

Something else I notice is that my browser (Chrome) tends to enjoy logging me out whenever it fancies even though my user sessions are set to two hours within AdminCP. The only way to remain logged in for any period of time is to use the ''Remember me'' function. I am not clearing any browser cookies or caches during this time. While this issue seems prevalent in Chrome, Firefox also tends to do the same but to a lesser extent. I can be browsing and refresh the page, or go to submit a post and it will suddenly let me know I am no longer logged in.

Unless I am misunderstanding the user session timeout setting within AdminCP, this seems odd behavior considering I have set a session timeout for way longer than what I am experiencing.

Thanks in advance,
    P

Does this issue also happen when you are on vbulletin.com?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

That is a fair point, I will give that a test to see if I get the same behavior both with being logged out and if the login on Vbulletin.com is affected by IP change.

Comment

So VB.com did not log me out when I changed my IP but it did auto log me out after approx 30 mins (Regardless of IP change or note) (Note sure what the timeout is for VB.com as to whether that is standard).

What I do note is that this site(VB Mods) does behave like mine oddly enough. If I do not hit that ''Remember me'' button, I cannot stay logged in at all. The strange thing is that I am not using any active add-ons (ABP is disabled)I have tested both Chrome and FF with the same results. I have done a video capture of the issue as attached.

Bare with the video, it will show multiple login attempts and page refreshes showing that the site drops my login. After a while you will see after I click ''Remember me'' that is the only time the login sticks, and that is how I use this site. Much of the issues I see on this site affects my own. The IP changing does not affect this site either just like with VB.com but I am thinking the IP change is not an issue and just got caught up in whatever the real issue is with the logins not sticking.

It is worth noting that with VB.com there is no remember me option when you login, but that site however keeps me logged in regardless and does not suffer the same issue VB Mods and my site does. Could it be related to a plugin that both our sites use ? Food for thought and may have to test that theory.

Video Capture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mEE...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by panzerscope View Post
          It is worth noting that with VB.com there is no remember me option when you login
          It does just like any other vB forums.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	103
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	17976

I am aware of the login issue on this site. I haven't fully investigated the issue yet.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Strange, thay honestly was not their when I last looked, checked on mobile and it is surely there, odd.

Thanks for confirming the login issue, as I say perhaps its down to a plugin we share that I purchased or obtained from here. Later on I will post the plugins/mods I have used from here to see if there is a commonality.

If you find anything or come into any info I would greatly appreciate an update

Comment

I don't think it's caused by a mod although I don't close that possibility.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

So just looking at my products, I have the following that I have used/purchased from here that are active on my site.

*Add Custom Profile In Postbit
                *Add Status Update In Postbit
                *Edit Avatar (That notifies users to add an avatar)
                *Post Footer Go To Top
                *Stop Links In Posts
                *Topic AJAX Auto-Update
                *Topic Starter Ribbon
                *Vbulletin 5 Profile Preview Tooltip
                *CKEditor Drag n Drop Image Upload

I am no coder, but if anyone of these were to cause an issue, I would have thought the most likely candidate to be the Ajax Auto Update page refreshing. I only say that because on this site, I can get the login to stick occasionally without using the ''Remember me'' function, I am just wondering if those successful login attempts are just in between the Ajax refreshes ? However I do eventually get logged out any way. Not 100% sure but my logic just points towards the Ajax Auto Updates.

Comment

Try disabling all those products and see if the issue still occurs.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I have disabled all the plugins on the site and will see if this resolves the issue, if it does I will have to possibly enable them one by one and see which one causes the issue

Comment

glennrocksvb

So after testing with literally all additional products disabled taking it back to ''Stock'' VB, I still get the same issues. Oddly enough I was logged out when I clicked to play an embedded video on my site, but that behavior has happened before so nothing new there. So at least I can put away the additional products/plugins as a factor, so does that mean VB have changed/broken something in VB causing the behavior, never ever had this issue on VB3.8.8

Do you have any ideas ?

Comment

Started another discussion on VB.com as well to see if I can get Wayne Luke's attention, I though it could possibly benefit the both of us, If I find a resolution, it may be applicable to this site as well : https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...te-logs-me-out

Comment

Thanks for sharing. This may be the issue for me as I use Cloudflare.

4. You have not selected "Remember Me" on the front-end and your site is behind a proxy (i.e. Cloudflare) and the reported IP Address changes.
                          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                          X
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"