X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox issue or something else?

A few days go this site was migrated to a new host. Since that time I have noticed one specific forum would not load, showing a black screen. So far I can only produce it using the Firefox platform. It works fine with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
    I have cleared the browser cache with no change. I get the same issue on a different computer, and using my smartphone (IPhone).

I used the web developer tools and didn't see any errors, admittedly I am not overly experienced using the tools, but improving.

At this point I have hit a wall and am looking for ideas to troubleshoot/try.

If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

I have no issues opening that forum here on Firefox 63.0.3 (64-bit). Did you empty your cache already?

Comment

tested with ubuntu firefox 14.04 64bit no problem to open

Click image for larger version

Name:	picture with firefox del 2018-12-01 16_59_22.png
Views:	5
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	14887

voyger.: In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence."

Comment

Disable the Firefox addons. One of them might be causing the issue.

Comment

Yeah I cleared the cache/cookies and still no.

I think its something to do with my profile as I can see it as a guest, and its just that one forum in the site that I have an issue with.

I have no addons.
          If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

Try the private browsing mode in Firefox

Comment

Just did, same behavior, screen is all black which is the background of the page. There is no header logo or anything.

Comment

So, I can access it through any browser as a guest, as soon as i log in to that specific forum, it goes black. So it isn't a browser issue, and I'm thinking a profile issue.

Comment

Can you post a screenshot? This is a weird issue.

Comment

Sure;

Click image for larger version

Name:	scrnsht.png
Views:	6
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	14904
                    Attached Files

Comment

What do you see when you right click view source?

Comment

I get this

<!DOCTYPE html> <html id="htmlTag" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" xml:lang="en" lang="en" dir="ltr"> <head> <base href="https://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums/" /> <link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="core/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00023l/1543330789-main-cssnormalization.css" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="core/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00023l/1543330789-main.css" /> <script type="text/javascript" src="js/header-rollup-543.js"></script>

Comment

There is a lot more source when not logged in.

Comment

Not to leave this as a dead end, it seems it was a php memory issue that went away once the memory was increased. It had generated a fatal php error which pointed glennrocksvb in the right direction.

Coffee is on me.

Thanks, Glenn!

Comment

Working...
                            X