X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving from cloud to license

This is some thing I have been been thinking about for a while now. Would it be better to switch and what’s involved? What sort of costs would I expect etc ?

It depends on what hosting provider and plan you will select. To get an idea, head over to this thread.

According to HostingFacts.com, here's a list of top 10 web hosting services based on uptime, load time and support. BlueHost (Best Reliability) HostGator Cloud
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

It's recommended you get VPS or Dedicated plan. Do not get a Shared plan if you don't want your forum to be painfully slow.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thanks Glenn. To be honest I wouldn't know where to start. Would it be worth doing or am I better keeping the forum on cloud to receive the updates etc. I was thinking the forum would benefit from some of the features you can add which are not available on cloud. How difficult is it to transfer over to VPS ?

Comment

I recommend staying on vBCloud. vBulletin recently allowed installing Template Hooks on vBCloud. It still does not allow installing product XML and adding PHP Hooks and API Extensions but having Template Hooks is good enough to do some modifications for vBCloud. This is much better than before. But if they allowed product XML, PHP Hooks and API Extensions to vBCloud, then vBCloud would become as customizable as self-hosted version in terms of plugins/modifications.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
            But if they allowed product XML, PHP Hooks and API Extensions to vBCloud, then
            I always thought they didn't allow it because it wasn't possible for vbcloud to handle those hooks and Extensions?

Comment

They recently allowed Template Hooks for vBCloud. This is a good step to making vBCloud more customizable.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"