X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glossary

I think about and it is a way out of my skills.
    I think a glossary Expression => Link to a wiki or popup with a specific explanation could be super cool.
    It is not a problem to replace all expressions by a link or give it a class to display a tooltip... it is more than at every post it have to search for words in that string to make them a glossary.

Hope you get what I mean.
    My forum closed !

To make every string in each post part of the glossary?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

To make a word (which is set as a glossary term) in every nodetext-string part of the glossary.
      ​​​​​​​Example: You define moderatorlist or moderatorbar as a glossary-word and every time that word is in a nodetext you replace moderatorbar with a tooltip or directly with a link to your mod (like moderatorbar)

The big problem I see right now is that there is no php-hook after post save. When you replace every word with a link or something else in the existing posts, everytime a new post is saved you have to run that script for exact that node.
      The other idea is to make a cronjob, get the last runtime and only replace the post newer than that last runtime to avoid double replaces

So I thought it could be possible with jquery and no data have to be updated in the db but Iam not that good in it.

Hope you got what I mean :-)
      My forum closed !

Comment

It sounds similar to the AutoLinker mod I created before.

I used Javascript to dynamically replace text with links due to lack of PHP hooks for posts.

I submitted a JIRA to add more PHP hooks.

Please vote for it.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

that is absolut what Iam searching for! Why I did'nt see that before... thought I saw all your mods. Thanks a lot!
          My forum closed !

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"